Crafters Challenge Aug. 8th-15th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
One week of August down!

In the craft department all I have accomplished is purchasing (and washing) some new fabric, got 2 things from e-bay of fabric, and have been digging baby material out.

After doing some stuff in the house I am planning on spending the afternoon in my craft room. Unless my plans get changed by others.

Seems everyone has been busy with other stuff (maybe vacation--school--just life) and not much posting on crafts!

139 days till Christmas!!!!

Have a Happy Successful crafting week!

(think this is posted in the right place this week)

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I haven't done any crafting this pass week. I did purchase the smallest KK, the one that will make flowers. I have surf the web for ideas. This heat makes it hard for me to be motivated.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have dug out all my baby/kiddie material and also found the box of burp rags that DD already had cut out. So when the opportunity arrives I should be able to sew and start marking and cutting.

Tricia, suppose to be 96 and 98 almost all week here.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Lana we're under a excessive heat warning again...I hope Mother Nature decides to give us cooler than what the weathermen say...Stay cool

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I hope to sew up the cardigan I am making for DNiece. I finally finished the knitting part last week and sewed in 2 ends already. But there are 2 long seams and a few more ends to sew in yet - we are going to visit this weekend so I want to have it ready by then.

And if I do finish that, I will work on sewing in the ends on 6 facecloths I have otherwise finished.

And then, either make some progress on a lap rug for my gran, or start the sleeveless jumper for DD. I think sewing needs to be left to one side while we get builders in for the attic.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I am going to try and get something done this week. I am only scheduled to work 30 hours, and only have about 15 hours of driving and sitting at football practice this week. Kenny has to play football in the next city over because they didn't have enough players here so he got asked to play over their because they didn't have enough players either so it means driving 20 mins each way, and missing all of Makayla's practices I could have moved her but didn't want to make her leave her coaches and friends. I am waiting to see if I can make it to any of her games. Because if Kenny is on a football field I am there. Seen too many broken bones not to be.

I want to try and finish up the bags for Makayla this week

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Way to go WingedOne!

KimD, I am amazed you find time to do stuff with all the running. Your way to relax while watching practices huh?

Seems in the evenings I haven't did much but look at the pile of meterial I dug out. It is behind on a table now.

Keep on a crafting!!!!

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Looks like a busy group of late! Many plans underway and success on several fronts. Way to go, everyone.

My posting here is not as consistent as desired but I'm still at the sewing/crafting with most plans getting done even if not on my timetable. I am nearly finished hemming the first of two baby blankets planned for this month. Another plastic canvas Christmas gift decoration has been started and half the pieces are completed. This one is for an elderly friend who recently moved into assisted living. Space in such places is minimal so I figured she would appreciate a cube that does not take up much space yet can be rotated for a change of view. Sewing on personal items is at a slower than desired pace but will happen if I'm patient and keep at it.

Since April some of my crafting time has been given over to preparing projects for the church ladies to do for our missionaries so that is affecting my personal goals. I enjoy it though.

Have a great day!
Charlotte

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I FINISHED the cardigan!!! I even put the ribbon into it last night before retiring for the night!! So I can hand it over tomorrow with pleasure and pride (and knowing that it will fit the child!!LOL)

I wonder what else I can get done tonight while I am on a roll?!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Charlotte sounds like you are going really really good. I want to try some plastic canvas ornaments. Two I found. I haven't did it in years!

Wingedone, you are also on a roll.

I swear when I get done with this series of books I am not getting any for awhile, so that way I will craft. Canning is almost done for the year too so that will make alittle more free evening time.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Thanks for the encouragement, Lana. I tend to focus on what does not get done within my timetable and seem to lose sight of the overall progress. You have helped me with that error.

Charlotte