Crafters Challenge August 12th-18th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning Ladies and welcome to another new week!!!

This week will take us to the middle of August! About 4 1/2 months until Christmas!

Not sure what this week will bring craft wise but maybe I will make Jaymees new Christmas stocking.

Totally need to review my list of items to do!

What do you have planned?

Everybody have a GREAT crafting week!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I want to continue working on my snowmen ornaments.

I have a question. Way back when my mom had found some fabric tags that said 'made by Lucie' but we never found them again. Do you identify the handmade stuff you make? I'd love to put a tag on my ornaments with my name & maybe the year.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I will keep knitting! And try to take a look at my list again and see who needs to receive a gift from me...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, I don't label my items. On quilts (if I ever get there) I think it is a neat ideal to label with the date and maker. It would be nice on the ornaments too for future years.

Debbie, people love to receive your knitted items I am sure.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Morning all! :) Another week already!!!

Ok, this week I'm tackling the start of a few new projects.

"Wee Mice in a Tin" - Inspiration link here:

http://www.ohsweetbabies.com/entertainment-wee-mouse-tin-house.php

I have been holding on to gift card tins for a while now that will finally come in handy for this project. They are larger than typical gift card tins and have raised embossed designs on the front. A couple are Winnie the Pooh and the others are Disney Princess.

I think they were $0.40 each on clearance when I got them! :)

I plan to make Winnie the Pooh and Piglet like characters to "tuck in" to one of those themed tins for DS. Then I'll probably just do the mice idea in girly colors for the Princess tins - one for each of the twins.

Vintage Paper Leaf Wreath

http://www.marthastewart.com/274704/fall-decor-crafts#/207848

Have the wreath form covered in strips of canvas and ready to decorate. Will work on cutting and wiring "leaves" this week as I can. I have copper wire I plan to use and I think I'll just use non-yellowed book pages as they are all I have. Don't really want to take the time to tea or coffee dye them first. Although I may change my mind.

Magnetic Paper Dolls

http://www.onepearlbutton.com/2009/12/tutorial-magnetic-paper-dolls.html

Last, but not least, I am going to try to hunt down the best place/way to get the Adhesive Magnetic Sheets that will allow me to make this project for the twins.

And THEN I plan to make a couple of these to go with the sets of dolls:

http://kimboscrafts.blogspot.com/2011/04/magnetic-sheet.html

I have some old cookie sheets that need to be retired and this looks like a perfect use for them!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ I have the mice in a tin can & magnetic paper dolls on my craft to-do list! I just love those! Hadn't seen the cookie tin decor, great idea!

The paper wreath is beautiful!

have fun!

Snowey

Premiere Member
I have so many things to finish and start ! I have to get all my halloween and fall things done first and then get painting on the Christmas, not to mention all the other everyday paint projects I have.

I sure wish I could have a few days to myself to get it all going!

I do sign all my painted pieces, and the year I painted them.

Dont you wish we could all get togther and have one great big crafting weekend ?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
That would be heaven, Snowey!!!! As it is, I'm beginning to consider sleep optional if I want to get everything done! :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana,still have 8.. instead of making them all one by one.. I made all the eyes, then all the mouths, then I put on all the hats. I have to put all the buttons & scarves on & then the small nose & it'll be done.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm working getting shadow box project complete. Some I'm taking to the frame shop here in town (these are getting finished) and some I will try to do (these are laying around the living room making a mess). I stopped by the shop this morning and they were working on two for DS (baby clothes and shoes in one, the other is a stuffed toy with his brush and comb set).

The ones I'm working on are for my DD (two boxes, each with a dress in them), then two identical ones of my mom in her nursing outfit with stethoscopes/glass syringes (one for me and one for my brother) and the last one is of my aunt in her graduation cap and grown.

I've been watching how the framing shop does theirs. They just use glue to hold things and then poke holes in the matting to tie the items down with clear fishing line. I'm really liking the shadow boxes more and more. One could go wild doing them.

I'll try to get some photos posted in a few days.

Snowey

Premiere Member
I got absolutely nothing accomplished tonight after work, after I did the dinner dishes I started watching a movie on tv and that was it. I feel like slug , tomorrow after work I am going to the movies with a friend so nothing will be done tomorrow either , Gosh I really need to step it up !!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
No progress on crafts!!! :( I have decided on tea dye to make my book pages look better before cutting out the leaf shapes for the wreath.

Tonight is pretty booked though, so I don't think I'll get to anything until at least tomorrow night, probably the weekend. {sigh}

There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my snowmen ornaments! put up some pics in the community album :)
this weekend I need to get out some Halloween stuff!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hey everyone!

I've been out of town for the past 10 days, so haven't gotten too much done. I did finish one knitted sock. It was the only thing I brought with me, so I'll start working on the second one while watching tv in the evenings.

I don't know if I'll get started this week, but my next big project is to machine embroider some towels for the fall show. Still need to run out and purchase the towels, so that part may be all I get done for this week.

Lucie, your snowman ornaments are really cute!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, I love the snowmen!!!

Carol, how many shows do you have booked this fall? The towels going to be holiday themed?

Nancy and AuntJ, sucks that other everyday things have to get into our way!

Diedra, the shadow boxes sound really nice.

I am still looking for that shirt I misplaced!!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Spent a lot of frustrated time last night searching my craft room for my supply of white velcro - couldn't find it anywhere!!! I was close to tears because I had actually sneaked in the time to sew up one of these little guys:

http://kimboscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/04/cord-ties.html#

and I wanted to finish it up. I finally found it, right where I left it, in between some pieces of clothing I'd decided to cut up for the fabric.

{sigh}

By that time I just gave up for the night. It's all ready to pick back up with again tonight. The good news is that once I get through my "prototype" I should be able to assembly line several more.

I think a few of these will make a nice stocking stuffer for several of the people on my list!