Crafters Challenge August 14th---August 20th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wow!!!!! Halfway through the 8th month of the year!!!

Thank you so much to Jody and Amelia for starting the thread! At anytime people would like to start it, please do!

I made some more quilted hearts. Today after work I hung one at the bank in the back on a bush as you go into the drive up and I went over to the doctors office and put one on a bush by door there.

I finished up one gift for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap, printed out part of another gift and I am cutting out the sewing project that I am doing for it.

Made 7 holders for freezer pops for Teigan.

What are in your plans for this week?????

I really missed MHH while down! So glad I am back up!!! I HOPE!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks for the early start, Lana. You were missed! Please let us know if/when your quilted hearts are reported.

I made some progress today on the machine embroidery part of the felt ornaments. Maybe I can finish them this week, but we are going to the lake, so I'm not sure I'll have time unless I take them with me, and I'm not sure about doing that.

Besides knitting, I'll have to find something else to take. I need to figure out what kind of ornaments to make for the grandchildren so I can start on those.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have crocheted some pet mats for DD30 and DN29 for Christmas. I'm working on Christmas colored rat bookmarks and coasters. I made up some cotton face scrubbies. I'm looking through my saved patterns for a crochet item for DD and her BF for Christmas.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Rose ~ Those dishcloths must be for gifts! You're really cranking them out.

Jampss ~ Nice and colorful sweaters!

I may have decided to try some machine embroidery snow globe ornaments for grandchildren and possibly a friend for Christmas. I think I have the supplies I would need.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Rose ~ Those dishcloths must be for gifts! You're really cranking them out.
DJ yes they are gifts. 9 all together. 3 each for my two daughters and the other three will be for my MIL for Mother’s Day next year. DH has already picked up his parents gifts with my guidance for this year while we were in the states. Am loving the colours of the yarn I grabbed. Just wished I grabbed more than I did to make some for myself. It’s the I love this cotton from Hobby Lobby. It’s 100% cotton but has a nice soft feel. First time using this yarn and plan to grab more next time we go down.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ I'll have to look for that yarn. I wonder if the colors fade as quickly as the other cottons.

I came close to finishing the felt ornaments last night, but it was just too late.

So now I need to find a CCS motif for a friend's BD card. I don't seem to have any other "deadline" CCS projects on the list, so this one will get first priority. Her birthday isn't till just a few days before Christmas, but it's best if I do it now. I'm already feeling the time crunch with family birthdays and Christmas coming up!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
It’s the I love this cotton from Hobby Lobby. It’s 100% cotton but has a nice soft feel. First time using this yarn and plan to grab more next time we go down.
I have used that cotton yarn for making a dog sweater for someone! I love it, too.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Nice work, Rose!

I finished a CCS chart for my friend's December birthday. I might like to make her a little something, too, so I have to think about that.