Crafters Challenge August 15th-21st, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Several people got some projects done and some worked on some!!!

Have any of you seen the pumpkins made out of the 2 different sizes of fish bowls from Dollar Tree. I have everything but the bowls. Normally several are on the shelves but not since this hit the internet. I might have some in a tote but think I gave them to Jaymee to make rabbits. Only have the orange lights not the white but have everything else.

Trying to find the mirror paint too. Haven't been to Lowes and they have it. Michaels and Wal-Mart didn't.

What are you working on this week?

Happy Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@Lana No, I haven't seen that. Sounds interesting.

I am working on DD29's boyfriend's blanket ... still. :cool:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I haven’t seen the pumpkins either. I’ll have to check that out. I wonder if our DT has the bowls. I see they are back ordered on line.

Transferred the quilting patterns to the stick last night. I stitched out the patterns. My machines timing is off as I figured. I’ll drop it off at the shop on Tuesday after the chiropractor. I have plenty to do while it’s in the shop. I’ll start my fall cleaning. I need to go through the gift closet too. I might start putting things in boxes to get a head start on that. And I have plenty of selfish sewing I can do on my soprano. Several quilts to piece, 2 ncw’s that are cut out and a host of ornament girl kits to do.
Have a great week!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I need to keep plugging along on the knitting I've started and need to start ...

Hope to get some quality time in the studio. I'm thinking of making book pillows for my 5 year old DGDs. They may be Christmas presents or else BD. So I need some other ideas for them, too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Haven't seen the pumpkins either. went to the local dollarstore for some craft items I had seen... jute leaves, jute ribbon (with iron in it), tiny black hats, tiny metal pails... nothing!

will continue knitting and crocheting this week

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished a felt whale ornament for DNeice who loves the ocean! :) Will post pic when I get a chance!

99% finished with 2 more polar bear ornaments - just need to glue together!

Cut fabric circles on the Cricut to attempt some fabric pumpkins - will use pieces of stick or cinnamon sticks for the stems - debating adding simple leaves cut from green felt.

Next up I have kits prepped for a few more Mrs. Santa Claus ornaments and kits for Elf Boy and Girl ornaments.

Would like to get kits prepped for a vintage Frosty felt ornament - making several of those this year - and then I'll see where I'm at time wise!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ You find the best ornament patterns. Are they kits? Lovely work!

Reactions: Lana

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Are they kits?
Thank you! I probably spend more time on Pinterest than I should :rolleyes: I have so many things pinned to make. I buy digital patterns when possible - then I upload the pattern into my Cricut software and use the machine to cut the pieces out.

I used to print the patterns and trace and cut by hand - SOOOO much easier now!

Sometimes I'll find something and there is only a picture - no pattern to buy - so I'll hack it...definitely prefer to just buy the patterns!!!

The whale was actually part of a baby mobile pattern - I just liked the look of the whales and just made one for an ornament. Original design called for French knots to decorate the body of the whale but I wanted more bling for Christmas so used sequins and beads instead.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi, all. This week is finishing up all the planning for our trip next week and figuring out how to fit it all in my truck. I need to head to dollar tree for some supplies for the beach so I may have to look for those fish bowls...

I haven't gotten loads done craftwise, but I have been knitting and I did make up some cute ornaments I saw on pinterest. They are ball ornaments meant to look like fish swimming in an aquarium. I got the fish on amazon and used little blue beads as aquarium rocks. I want to get some kind of Christmas ribbon with a beachy vibe for the bow on top. They're so cute and very simple and it felt good to make something I liked so well so quickly. .

I've made quite a few velvet pumpkins the last couple of years. I picked up velvet material clothing on the $1/$2 racks at the thrift store in the past for projects and made pumpkins, acorns and floral embellishments from the scraps. Its made for quite a collection of colors and I like that a couple had fancy beaded designs on them from the patterns on the dresses. Since I like a mix of colors, I've made purples, deep reds, creamy white and denim blues along with the burnt oranges. I also save the stems off the pumpkins and other squash I have grown and bought over the last few years (and have asked friends to save me theirs) and glue them on. They're a big hit with people as gifts {although I think people have thought I was crazy for saving pumpkin stems}. My kids gather the acorn caps for me so the little bits of fabric get used up, too.

I still need to get all the kits together for crafting while I'm away. I won't be doing much whilst actually on the beach so I'm bringing my bullet journals to play with there and then knitting and some embroidery.work in the condo. I want to make a felt garland this year so I may bring what felt I have to cut out there, too.

AJ- I love your ornaments! That whale is so cute! You do such good work.

Have a great week, y'all.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I picked up velvet material clothing on the $1/$2 racks at the thrift store in the past for projects and made pumpkins, acorns and floral embellishments from the scraps. Its made for quite a collection of colors and I like that a couple had fancy beaded designs on them from the patterns on the dresses. Since I like a mix of colors, I've made purples, deep reds, creamy white and denim blues along with the burnt oranges. I also save the stems off the pumpkins and other squash I have grown and bought
First of all - BRILLIANT idea on looking for velvet items at the thrift store! I am totally stealing that!

Second - I was also thinking that I need to start gathering/saving pumpkin or even just winter squash stems! May not have any it time to use this year, but hopefully by next. I have a ton of butternut and acorn squash growing on our deck right now.

Question - What is a bullet journal?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Had a good crafting day yesterday. Pinned 38 small chair buntings, will sew those today.
Ironed on DFSIL stocking shape into our tree skirt, will blanket stitch it on later and then add his name and date of birth and ironed on 3 Christmas trees to applique on a tee shirt for Mum. Can sit at night and blanket stitch around that. Most crafting I have done for a very long time.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did manage to get in the sewing room on Wednesday. I made 2 potato pouch's and and sewed the 3 stockings I had cutout for dgds Christmas Countdown. I need to cut out fabric bags to put count down items into. Hope to do that Saturday.