Crafters Challenge August 16th - 22nd, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning and WELCOME to another week!!!!!!

I did purchase a few things for some fall crafts but not able to find some. Dollar Tree items go fast around here once people see the made stuff online. I have 2 local stores both about 20 to 25 minutes away and rarely get lucky. I did order a case of something as soon as I saw the item. (thinking next year CIJ swap) Will ship free to store. Other items I don't need a case of and then at times they won't ship free and shipping was over $20 when I was pricing. Will see how this first time goes ordering.

You ladies get so much done---I am envious!!!

So what is on your agenda for this week?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I need to get some tulle to finish up a costume I am making for Dgd(4). I have to send a birthday box to dgd(7) so I should just get it done. It will not take long once I get what I need. I may go on Tuesday to get it. Fabric stores are not close to me even though I live in city area.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Quilts, what can I say. Starting working on husbands quilt yesterday. Going to need more appliqué wonder. Looks like I’m going to be a little short. Still quilting the winterville quilts.

Depending on how I feel I may try to make a garment bag for my husband too. Read through the directions, doesn’t seem too complicated. Will see what happens after the rest of my stuff gets done.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I got an order in of wool blended felt - for a new autumn runner project I'm brewing and the Christmas tree skirt I've always wanted to make...am excited to work on lining up those projects!

Been working pretty much non-stop since Friday night - big project at work went live - my "weekend" will be Thursday Friday this week - so maybe then!

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I've started stitching some motifs for CCS Christmas ornaments and hope to get my embroidery machine purring along on some other gifts this week.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Finished the tree skirt.
Also finished the hat I started last week plus two more. They were made with chunky yarn and as they are children hats they knitted up fast. Have started another hat. They are great for sitting outside/tv projects.
Have washed and dried the fabric for the pj’/nightgown for DG. Thinking I will make the nightgown my Rudy day project next week.
Have the supplies together to do the hand quilting on the quilt and plans to start working on it tomorrow.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I cut out pieces for 6 large piggie mats. Sewed 2, and I will sew 2 more tomorrow. Dd ordered 12 more absorbent moving blankets (they are wonderful "batting" for this project), but they won't be here until the 23rd, and then I can sew the last 2 large mats and some smaller mats that I've had cut out but no blanket batting for.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
......continue to
1. Crochet more dishcloths and jar openers.
2. Pencil in lettering for tole painted patio signs "Bloom Where You are Planted"

.......start working on
1. Two 4 x 6 mini albums for niece's 2 kids. I really like the "I Am" Simple Stories kits but I can't find any so.......each little page will say something different "Smart", "Kind", "Happy" "Funny" etc. then their Mom can add the pictures.
2. Order Christmas paper kit from HSN with my 15% off coupon for signing up for e mail.

Happy crafting to all!!!

Laurie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the baby cardigan just need to sew on the buttons.
Worked on a Christmas decoration for DB while at Mum's.
Need to decide what to work on next.

Reactions: DahliaDoll and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished quilting the 2 winterville quilt! Started making and sewing bindings on both. I’ve decided to take my destiny in to be serviced again. I think I’ve screwed something up either when I broke a needle or when I cleaned the bobbin casing and had issues. Some of my stitches are not right. I’ve done everything I can think of to resolve the problem. I even was reading the owners manual lol. Thankfully I have my husbands quilt to design and piece and my Soprano to sew on while it’s in the shop.

Reactions: DahliaDoll and Lana

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I finished 2 more fleece piggie mats - still waiting for the blankets to use as batting for the next installment of mats. Dsil "put away" my 24" long Omnigrip quilting ruler and I can't find it, and he doesn't know what I'm talking about when I describe it. I can't use my rotary cutter without it, and he doesn't understand why the wooden yardstick won't work. I hate to order another one when this one is perfectly fine.

I'm going to bag up the supplies for 2 new projects. Crocheted amigurumi gingerbread men ornaments and small plastic canvas Halloween candy holders.