Crafters Challenge August 21st--27th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

The thread toppers look great! Glad you were able to find the book and will be able to make new ones. Please share pictures when you do them.

I have a few fall crafts that I would like to try.

Still need to cut out the 12 days of Christmas items. I have some cut. There 4 sections to cut 4 of and making 13. Think I have 8 of 1 4 piece cut.

What are you all working on?

I got Teigan a wooden pumpkin from Dollar Tree to paint.

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I think I am changing up to make this for DD30

432651A4-DB59-45CC-ACE0-A696FD627052.jpeg

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Thanks for the get-go!

Jampss ~ Very nice! That will be a lot of work, but at least crochet is faster than knitting.

I got the felt ornaments finished last week as well as the tuck-ins for my Christmas cards.

I spent many hours today working on the ornaments for grandchildren. Most of the time was working out the machine embroidery lettering for the backs of the ornaments. I finally got one completed. The next three should go fairly quickly if my machine doesn't decide to start eating the fabric.

On Tuesday, I plan to go to Open Sew with Kathy and spend some quality time on a chenille fall wall hanging (for myself).

I'm going to try to spend a little time in the studio in the evenings just chipping away a little at a time on some Christmas gifts.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My plans today is to walk the mall for exercise with a friend and then over to Hobby Lobby to pick up the yarn! There is a color "Peacock" in I Love This Yarn that I would like to use for one of the stripes. DD has peacock decor. :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
jampss ~ I've used that yarn and like it a lot. There are very pretty colors. I don't know how it washes though. Have you had experience washing anything made with it? I plan to get more soon to make myself another hat.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, I haven't washed anything ... hmmm, because I make something and give it away. LOL I will ask DD30 if she has washed the green vest I made her last Christmas. That would be good to know. :)

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
jampss ~ I wonder if there are any reviews of the yarn and how it washes ... will have to check.

I'm making some good headway so far this week:
  • Grandchildren's Christmas ornaments (machine embroidery snow globes) ~ 2 of 4 done. (I might make one more for a friend.)
  • UFO BOMs ~ I finished the October block for one of the two BOMs I started last year.
  • Knit shawl ~ Starting the next-to-the last skein of yarn. They are small skeins, so don't really take that long to knit.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am heading out of town and trying to figure out if there is something I can take with me in the car. I maybe the embroidery I keep postponing? I am guessing that may be hard with trying to steady the needle. I can work on it at DS house once I am there.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Everybody is busy, busy!
Jody, I would love to work in the car but I get car sick
I'm working on cooking this week so I don’t think I’ll get any thing else done. I want to order a few more card making supplies for Halloween and thanks giving. I’ll need to get started on them soon if I’m going to do them. I still haven’t finished my Christmas cards.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie~Great idea for the sherpa fabric.

I have finished the grandchildren ornaments which feels really good. I made significant progress on a chenille wall hanging for fall and finished the October block for one of my two UFO BOMs. And I started on the November block. I also started another CCS woodland animal chart. I have a start on one more snow globe ornament which will be for a friend. Lots of small accomplishments. Feels so good!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ they have reviews on hobby lobby for their yarns. I had checked before buy the cotton to see if anyone else used it for dishclotus.

Dishcloths are done and there was enough yarn in each colour way to make a knitted scrubbie to go with them.

Spend yesterday at the CNE so no crafting but DD is thinking of getting a embroidery machine so I was going to check them out to see what kind of cne deals but there was not one sewing machine company there this year. There was some great/beautiful craft made items.

Today I placed a order for some more paper for my planner so I can work on it again once it comes in. Also working on getting the gauge right for my next knitting project. Hope to sit down and sew tomorrow.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I started DD’s Duster. :) The main color is Latte (She loves her coffee! LOL). Then it has the color Peacock and eventually Purple for the stripes.

D4908801-AB12-4C24-9C61-6FBA33A9D98E.jpeg

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finished the back of DD30’s Boho Duster!

onto the two front panels.

2437F401-4E82-4951-A702-7747F4266A4F.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: luludou and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

jampss ~ How pretty it is!

My crafting has had its ups and downs this week. I washed the chenille wall hanging to get the chenille effect, and I don't like it at all. The frayed part on the chenille looks all gray-ish. It looks like it needs to be dusted. It's the first one that has turned out that way and it's so disappointing. I've made 4 others that are beautiful.

I took out my CCS watercolor tulip to start working on it again and discovered that it had gotten wet and the ink on my chart spotted the CCS fabric. I was able to wash it out just fine, but there was also a tiny rust spot where I had stuck the needle. It took a while and some Google searching how to get a rust stain out, but I think I finally won. Then I was cutting fabric for a nutcracker table runner and discovered I had cut about 5 pieces too small, so I wasn't sure I would have enough to re-cut those and then the rest of the fabrics needed. Thankfully, my local Joanns is the only one that still has "a limited supply" left. They are holding it for me. As it turns out, I may not need it, but I could use it for the backing.

I've started cutting the fabrics for some placemats for DD#1. I hope I don't have any issues! I want to have them ready to sew at Open Sew on Tuesday.

I was able to find the yarn I want to use to knit myself a hat. I wanted a specific yarn to match a scarf I made last year. I also picked up a skein of the cotton "I Love This Yarn" to try for a washcloth.