Crafters Challenge August 22nd--August 28th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another month almost DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just unbelievable!!!!!

I am sure no crafting will get done on my end this week.

What about you all, what are your plans?

Happy Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am with you Lana, I cannot believe how quickly the months are passing. I need to finish the small bunting, I just need to split the ribbon so it becomes ties and the bunting is done. Then I can clean my craft room and move on to other things.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Katrina ~ I’ll bet it feels wonderful to have all the bunting ready to go! What a big job.

Lana and Jody ~ Hope you can fit some crafting in somehow. Jody ~ Getting crafts kitted up definitely counts. I need to do some of that this week, too, as we leave in our travel trailer on Friday. I will definitely take knitting and CCS as usual, but need to decide if I could use my sewing machine for anything on my list that would be easy to take along.

I finished one prayer shawl last night, so I’m ready to get started on a Christmas gift knitting project:

• Knit fingerless mittens for Iris (I want to get some Lion Brand “Go For Faux” yarn to try for the cuffs.)
  • Knit socks for Iris
  • Knit hat? for DSonIL #1
  • Knit socks for DSonIL #2
  • Knit sweater for Valentin
I might try to get a bit of a start on a Christmas tree skirt (wedding gift) today. It will be belated, but if I can get it done before Christmas, the timing will be good!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So. I made a list for myself .... here are my ideas ...

2021 Crochet Gifts

DD29 - Pet Sweater for Ugly DONE
Pet Mat for Walter DONE
Toys for all cats
brown crochet t-shirt

DDBoyfriend: blanket STARTED

DDNiece: Heart Potholder STARTED

Friend: Coda Cat Toy (I have pics of her kitty and will try to make toy look like her pet)

Friends with pets: paw print coasters

DSIL: paw print bag; dachshund bookmark

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Wanting to work on a fall quilt top but I have very little orange in my stash for pumpkins. I’ll head to Wadsworth this week on errands and will stop at Joann’s to see if I can find some fabric. I have a black quilt back that should work for it. Other than rummaging through my stash I’ve not done a thing.
Katrina, you are the bunting queen! Such a big project!
Hope everyone has a productive week. The weeks seem like they are moving faster!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I might try to get a bit of a start on a Christmas tree skirt (wedding gift) today. It will be belated, but if I can get it done before Christmas, the timing will be good!
what a wonderful wedding gift. Beautiful.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished Mum's tee shirt last night so that is in the gift cupboard. Spent the evening putting ideas into my Pintrest board. A lot of good ideas on there. Will start on something else tonight.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DGD nightgown is done. Still have the dolly’s nightgowns to do. Hope to do them Wednesday for Rudy day while I listen to some Christmas music.
Have confirmed size for DGS pj’s so maybe I can get them cut out on Saturday.
Have come up with a couple ideas for fall/thanksgiving/Halloween cards.
If I figured things out right I have 2.5 pattern repeats to finish the shawl I am working on. Than I can get back to my Christmas knitting.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
I've finished the throw and baby blanket so now I can work on other things. I want to make a cowl-necked bandana scarf thingy I saw on pinterest. If I like how it turns out I'll make a few for Christmas gifts. I also brought along some ornament kits I made to work on while we're in Georgia. When we get back home I'll have a week before the kids go back to school- I'm thinking I'll have a bit more time to work on things then. But, you're right- it feels like time is starting to go a little faster now.

DJ- I love the idea of a Christmas tree skirt for a wedding gift. Have fun on your get-away.
Katrina- YAY!!! The bunting is done! What a huge gift you just gave your daughter- lovely!

Have a wonderful week, y'all.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Chris ~ I made about a dozen or more knit cowl/ear warmers last winter. I kept most of them for myself ... one in every color. LOL They were quick and easy to make and used up some of my leftover yarn from other projects. I guess I should start making hats for donation with that excess yarn.

Rose ~ You'll be all ready for Christmas gifting soon!

I made a hooded baby towel yesterday to test out a new sewing machine that I was hoping would be a heavy-duty "workhorse" as opposed to my "quilting machines". The towel is done, and the machine will be returned. I've ordered yet another one that bills itself as heavy duty. Sure hope so. It will be the third one I've tried. Actually, the first one might have worked but it didn't have a couple of features that I felt were necessary (needle down and speed control).

I did get the two main fabrics cut for the tree skirt as well and frogged the start of Valentin's sweater and cast back on again with a different number of stitches.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Dahlia, what kind of heavy duty machine are you looking at? I’ve been looking for a juki 1541s. Unfortunately none of the local stores have it. They all carry the next level up, all computerized model (much more money). I’m wanting simple not fancy.

Husband dropped me at Joann’s. I needed some fabric for the pumpkin quilt. I have so little orange in my stash. I bought a couple of quarter yard pieces. Just enough to make this quilt. I’m not adding to my stash. I might try to get it cut out this weekend after I tidy up the sewing room.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I finished a pair of knit socks... seems like I did 3 pairs this year... am not quick with knitting.

240785241_147343177553180_2224592590801084599_n.jpg

On the other hand the crochet scarf is almost finished. Need to add a fringe (I think)

Found a free knitting pattern for a ribbed cowl from lion ball. will be my next project probably.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, amazing socks. Something that has been on my list for a while but never get to starting.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I got my mirror paint.

Ordered a pattern and material (again) from Missouri Star Quilt. It is a cat pattern. Was debating rather to try it for Teigan for Christmas or her birthday (1-25). Might just be whenever--no place to work yet but the table.