Crafters Challenge August 23---August 30th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
August will soon be over!!!

ALOT got accomplished this past week. Meaning all of you guys!

I ordered some crochet thread from Amazon today. Wal-Mart only had an off white. Wal-Mart only had 1 spool of black thread. I have some but like to keep it and white on hand. The kitchen boas I will do need black.

MM, I got some crosses, also from Amazon, to do some of them. Got them back in June or so.

DD, I didn't see your blog address in your signature line. Will look again in the morning.

What do you all have planned for this week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
For some reason, some of the signatures are not showing in their entirety. You need to select "expand signature" at the bottom of the post. I wonder if someone can fix that issue ... ?

We will be on a travel trailer trip all week (Monday to Monday) and no internet most of that time, so I won't be around much if at all. I wish I had more lap-type crafting to take along.

Have a great week everyone!

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I started another cardigan over the weekend, it is a lovely shade of green. I am enjoying the pattern.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
At Dollar Tree yesterday I purchased a couple wreath forms, the orange, purple and black mesh and the witches legs (one in green and one in orange) to do the wreaths in. They haven't gotten the witches hat in yet. Also scored the metal words for Halloween and the other ones.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I remembered this weekend that we draw names for Christmas with our children. I have DD's name so I am going to make her napkins. She asked me if I had any and I had just given most of mine away as I had to many. So I will need to look through my stash and make napkins and place mats for her.

Reactions: Lana and luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Working on the heels of my knitted socks.
Made my gnome ornament prototype... humm... will be missing some supplies to make more and I need to work on the hat, not exactly like I'd want it.

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have started the cardigan again, made a mistake with the button holes. Glad I was not too far into it.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I saw a very little bit of Christmas at dollar tree!!! Can’t wait to see more!

I made 5 pocket prayer quilts this week.

Binding is finished for my friends quilt when I cut it in half. I’m still having a hard time with that. Will get that done over the weekend with my husbands help. It’s a California king and has a mind of its own. How do I get my self into theses things????

Trying to pin down my husband to go to Amish country with me next week for some quilt backings.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I bought more fleece at Wal-Mart, this time for bunny mats. I'll wash the fabric on Monday - hopefully the dining room table will be cleaned off by then so I have space to cut & sew. I also bought a new ruler to use with my rotary cutter. I found 1/4" elastic for the first time since March, and I bought a pkg of 20 yards. Yay, I can use elastic for my face masks instead of ribbon.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Figured out the button holes so am moving on with the cardigan.
I need to do some spray painting at some stage.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Haven’t gotten to my friends quilt yet. Husband has been busy and hasn’t been able to help me cut it. And I haven’t accomplished anything else either.

Got the estimate on my sewing machine. Thankfully not as bad as I thought. Will be 2-3 weeks before it’s ready.