Crafters Challenge August 25th---August 31st, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Sunday Morning To All!

At the end of this week will be the end of another month........

Then we get ready to step into fall and holidays are coming!

I am hoping to get some of the snowmen done and maybe take up to a shop that is like a flea market to put on a tree. She will start with Christmas October 1st.

For my basket that I will have for people to take stuff from (on Christmas Eve) I might try to add some cord wraps to it. Just material and snap, button or whatever closure to keep cords looking nice. Need to think what all I will do for it.

The lotion I do I found SEVERAL years ago when HGTV use to have forums. Lots of ideals off their craft sites.
Anyhoo it is to use on feet and put socks on at night with it. I have several people who love it for summer with sandal weather and for the rest of the years. Guys like it for their hands.
Miracle Cream
2---- 4 ounce jars of Vitamin E skin care cream (I have always used Fruit of the Earth and comes from Wal-Mart and Dollar General. 2 containers like for 3 something. I have always used this for my face for years so was use to buying it.)
1----16 ounce bottle of baby lotion of your choice
1----8 ounce jar of vaseline
I use a mixer and blend it all together.
To give I put back into some of the Vitamin E jars or I buy those small containers at Dollar General with a Christmas picture and has the lids. 4 pack for a dollar.

To get all the lotion out we usually cut the bottle open after all is shook out.

What is on your list for this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ Thanks for the get-go this morning and for the recipe. I might have to gather up some ingredients. It would make very nice gifts, indeed!

I have a couple of crafting events planned this week in addition to continuing to work on various projects in the studio (primarily Christmas stockings and the birthday banner). Tuesday, Kathy and I are doing lunch and S&B at her house where I will work on yo-yos. On Thursday we will be taking another basket weaving class.

Have a great crafting week everyone!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Mmm, Lana, the lotion sounds nice. Some would go nicely in gift baskets. Thanks for the recipe.

I'm going to cut plastic canvas squares for advent calendars today. I need 288 squares. Then I will begin stitching numbers 1-24. It would be nice to begin stitching the boxes together, but I doubt that will happen today. They will be small boxes, just big enough for a kiss.

And then, of course, the never-ending crocheting.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lana thanks for the recipe.

Happy Rudy day!

Didn’t get the bags finished yesterday as my machine decided to act up some. Did get the quilting done on them and started sewing them up.

This week I want to:
Finish the bags
Finish the ornaments
Knit on shawl
Get the four baby bananas cut out and put together.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana the recipe sounds like a good one. I am wondering if it is possible to start a new "folder" where things like recipes can be stored so that when we are looking for them we know where to go!
I think we would have to ask an admin to create one for us.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lana the recipe sounds like a good one. I am wondering if it is possible to start a new "folder" where things like recipes can be stored so that when we are looking for them we know where to go!
I think we would have to ask an admin to create one for us.

I know we have sticky threads that always stay near the top in some of the boards for food recipes - maybe something like that in one of the Crafters boards? Just a thought!

I have made some progress on embroidery on sunglasses case - Largest part of design is finished but need to do a bit more.

Ironed on Wilderness Explorer's patch to hat for DS's costume. I ordered the patch from Etsy.

Decided to make a new sash with fake "badges" for his costume - cut brown felt for the sash and traced and cut 36 felt circles in red, yellow and green that I need to sew on.

Also cut pieces of stiffened yellow felt into pennant shape. Then used Cricut to make a pattern for another Wilderness Explorer "patch" - traced and cut out pieces from felt - it is STUPID cute! About halfway done sewing it up - then I'll attach to pennant, then glue it all onto a short piece of dowel rod. The flag will stick out of the backpack he'll wear as part of his costume. :)

Will post pics soon!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Forgot I had a pic of the pennant in progress:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48624000436/in/dateposted-public/

Also that I worked on Mousekeeping envelopes for Disney as well - they are cute little cards you leave a tip for the housekeeping staff in!

I have 4 out of 7 done with majority of pieces cut for 2 more, just need to assemble and make last one. I had to make each one differently - because the designs were too cute to pick just one! Just slap me. o_O

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I bought the chocolate I add to the ornaments I made... so will be able to start wrapping probably next weekend.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Forgot I had a pic of the pennant in progress:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48624000436/in/dateposted-public/

Also that I worked on Mousekeeping envelopes for Disney as well - they are cute little cards you leave a tip for the housekeeping staff in!

I have 4 out of 7 done with majority of pieces cut for 2 more, just need to assemble and make last one. I had to make each one differently - because the designs were too cute to pick just one! Just slap me. o_O
I can't wait to see the Mousekeeping envelopes - where did you get the idea?

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I bought the chocolate I add to the ornaments I made... so will be able to start wrapping probably next weekend.
Can you post a picture? Here or on your blog or did I miss it?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The Housekeeping envelopes are such a great idea. Everyone should have something like this when they travel. Ones for staying at friends would be nice.

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Too stinkin' cute!! Remind me, probably again, are you going to Walt Disney World or on a Disney Cruise?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Very cute and thoughtful!

I got a quilt block made today for a memory quilt. I'll make at least one more block myself. Others are making blocks, too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Pamela - Haven't posted pictures yet. I did take some but waiting to take a pic of a wrapped oned.

Was to knit last weekend but lots of unexpected happend so Nothing got done. I did figure out what stitch I want to use for the baby blanket.
My HOPES for the weekend: work on knit heel, work on cuff of other pair of socks (got 2 pairs of 2 socks going at once), start blanket, start baby booties.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, you guys!

Here are the ones I actually made - I finished all 7 now:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48629972397/in/dateposted-public/

Pamela - I am going to WDW - 7 nights, 8 days of magic. Hopefully!!!

I finished sewing the pennant last night - except for gluing onto a dowel rod and then a tiny bit more of sewing!

Also finished about half of the sash for his costume too - will continue sewing on the circles of felt today!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Was at a bookstore the other day and at the checkout was these half oval cases. My first thought was they were a over size pencil case. Maybe a case for art paintbrush. While in line the teenager of the lady in front of me grabbed one and opened it.
It was a carrying case with an umbrella in it. Zipper opening from one end to the other. Water proof lining on the inside and fabric on the outside.
Last night while laying in bed I got a lightbulb moment of that is really a great gift idea. Got thinking a vinyl tablecloth fabric for the inside and a fabric for the outside. Make it more in the shape of a tube with a carry handle. Thinking it will look a lot nicer that some grocery bag and maybe in colours to match the purse or other bag they carry.