Crafter's Challenge August 28th---September 3rd, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WOW!!!! WE will be into the "BER" months!!!!

I have purchased some material to make potholders and got some more napkins to try a craft.

What are your plans for the week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hey @Lana have fun with your crafts this week!! I am working on the two front panels of DD's Boho Duster Sweater.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I hope everyone here has a great crafting week! Last week I did fairly well and hope to continue the progress this week. However, I don't get much done around the house once I hit the studio!

Things I hope to be working on:

• Nutcracker table topper for DD#2's October BD
  • Placemats for DD#1 for Christmas
  • Gnome wall hanging for DD#1's family Christmas (Tuesday Open Sew project)
  • Knit Tropical shawl for niece (I will at least knit on it at the Stitched Together meeting.)
  • CCS woodland animal for Valentin's calendar (my evening project)
  • CCS chart for Valentin's BD card (evening project once the current woodland animal is completed)

Last edited:

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Have a few things I would like to get done this week.
()get craft/sewing table cleaned up and ready for new crafting projects
()take sewing machine in for maintenance. It’s acting up and I want to make sure it’s in good working order before I start quilting oldest DS quilt for Christmas. Plans to start on it after Thanksgiving.
()get some sympathy cards made and decide on card designs for October cards—Thanksgiving and Halloween
()get appliqué blocks backing cut out so once machine is back I can piece them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so far behind with everything. Looking for some inspiration to start again and get some things done for Christmas

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina, I know the feeling! Don't worry we will get it done!!! :) :) :)
Of course we will. I have never seen a more determined group.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I find that if I'm too far ahead on my Christmas crafting, I just end up adding more projects. LOL Same with gift buying. When I think I'm done, I just buy more ... and baking ... and ... I guess I just love Christmas prep!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ I've been wanting to take my machine in for service, but think I'll wait till after Christmas. I do have another machine I could use but would rather not. Sorry to hear you need the sympathy cards so soon.

I made some headway yesterday at Open Sew on the placemats and finished one more BOM quilt block. I didn't have as much luck with trying to stitch down the appliques on the gnome wall hanging. I had trouble with winding monofilament thread onto the bobbin. I got the CCS woodland animal finished up in the evening and have a motif kitted for a BD card for Valentin.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
No crafting getting done here... with dd's moving last weekend, grandkids here for the week as there is covid at daycare and next weekend party and guest... nope nothing this week

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ. The hand wheel was also getting a little stiff—not turning as easy as it shoul. So I figured I’m better off getting it taken care of now and not wait. Don’t want it to get worse before taking in. I do have a older machine as a back up but this one is the one I use for quiltin.

Spend the afternoon cutting out the background fabrics for the appliqué blocks. Two more to cut out.