Crafters Challenge August 2nd----August 8th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to August!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to Dollar Tree to try to find some mesh and some pumpkin items but I only got 1 wire form. Been to 2 and no luck. Complete different towns I looked at.

What is your plan for the week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Have 2 rows left on the first quilt to finish up today. Will have about 24 hours of quilting time per quilt. I have the speed on my machine turned down so it takes a little longer. I have less issues that way. Will keep working on them this week.

Going to Joann’s to pick up my quilt batting. Going to look for the strapping for the gift bag and a few other things while I’m there. Think I’ll hit the dollar tree while I’m out too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will finish the baby cardigan. Just need to finish the band, sew it on and then the buttons. I have then completed all the things I had on the go. Will start a new project.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Welcome to August!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to Dollar Tree to try to find some mesh and some pumpkin items but I only got 1 wire form. Been to 2 and no luck. Complete different towns I looked at.

What is your plan for the week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish we lived close, the lakemore DT was just unpacking the wire pumpkins when I was there this morning.

Picked up my order from Joann’s. Found the strapping I needed and that was it. Pretty well picked over still.

And I finished quilting the first quilt. Hopefully the 3 remaining will go as easy. Only took me 22 hours. Still can’t figure out how the lady in the book does it in 8 hours!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Was able to spend Sunday "playing" and I indulged myself with making up a bunch of the funny gift tags I've been creating in Cricut:

https://flic.kr/p/2jsCzBQ
Here is a close up of some of them:

https://flic.kr/p/2jszMLC
Have been working on Mrs. Claus ornaments too - and I cut out a bunch of vinyl for additional gift tags that I need to weed before I can apply.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
:) I made a crocheted headband for DD28. I will make another for DNiece 27. I was looking up on Pinterest for crochet men's slippers for DS17.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am thiiiiiiiisssss close to finishing all 5 Mrs. Claus ornaments - just a bit of sewing left on one then it's time to attach the hoods and glue on the heads. WHICH I finished painting and applying eyes and mouth to last night. Will feel good to have that DONE!

Next up I need to get last recipe binder started! That will be my last BIG project this year I think...hahahahaha

I have at least 2 glasses left to etch, and about 4-5 more felt ornaments to make - 2 of which I haven't finalized what I'm making...

I need to review my master crafting spreadsheet so I am comfortable with what I have left...

Happy Crafting!!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
The flour sack towels came in, and I'm very pleased with them. I washed them, but held one aside to see if they shrank much. I think once I iron them (they're 100% cotton), they'll be almost the same size as they were to start with...very little shrinkage at all! They're a good weight and will hold the embroidery thread without it just pulling through when I start a line of stitching. They also have a loop attached at a corner so they can be hung. The ones I bought before these, the knot would pull right through. Hated them.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Jane, So glad your towels will work out!

Trimmed up the first quilt yesterday. And I’ve finally decided on the bindings. I’m going to use the main background fabric. I ordered more of that fabric today to make sure I have enough.

stopped in at hobby lobby and michaels and didn’t buy anything.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good thinking on how you managed shrinkage on the towels!!!

Myron's Mom - Looking forward to pics of the quilt!!!

I just made a decision on ornament for one of the twins, ordered this pretty thing:

I'm going to do the coat in red, boots in green and add Christmassy embroidery as well - hoping it turns out like I'm imagining! This same seller on Etsy has really cute patterns for several other items - I am really tempted by Charlotte the Fox. I'm going to see how this first pattern goes and then will probably order that one too!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio

I just made a decision on ornament for one of the twins, ordered this pretty thing:

I'm going to do the coat in red, boots in green and add Christmassy embroidery as well - hoping it turns out like I'm imagining! This same seller on Etsy has really cute patterns for several other items - I am really tempted by Charlotte the Fox. I'm going to see how this first pattern goes and then will probably order that one too!!!
Is that not cute!!!!! Please let us know how it goes together and any handy tips!! I want that mouse!!! Can’t wait to see your finished raccoon !!!!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

Oh my goodness, so adorable! I want one!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You have all been so busy. Well done.
Mum and I are going to be making more face masks tomorrow. I still need to finish that cardigan. I know I will get to it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I got the pattern for RIlla the Racoon loaded into my Cricut yesterday and cut the pattern pieces and picked out and ironed the felt. I will make a practice one I will keep - I think the pattern is going to make one a bit larger than I was thinking so if so I'll resize it down next time.

I also spent time creating all the Christmas Countdown pages and forms in an 8" by 5.5" format - also started printing, trimming and hole punching! :)

And I've applied pretty vinyl designs to the front of another 8 gift tags - still need to apply the vinyl words "To" and "From" on the backs.

I've just been in the mood to make gift tags lately I guess! I think I am going to tuck several into a pocket in the Christmas planner I'm making as a gift...I also am thinking of buying a book of Christmas stamps in last year's design to slip in as well...

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished up the cross body strap for the wallet yesterday. I made the tote bag that we will use as a gift bag for my husbands buddy with some of the leftover Marshall university fabric.

cut the quilt batting for the 3 quilts since I was cutting. Started layering one with the green backing and decided I don’t like the color of green. Looks like I have some fabric shopping in my future. In the meantime I will work on the other one with the red backing. The green will work for 2 of the quilts I have planned for me.

Attachments

• 1F9E251C-4615-45C8-99FA-FC240B10E56C.jpeg
    1F9E251C-4615-45C8-99FA-FC240B10E56C.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 8

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Made 14 face masks today. Still need to finish the cardigan.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ The tags are great! And the racoon ornament is adorable!

Jane ~ I would think it’s important to pre-wash the towels. Nice that you were able to find a good quality for your projects.

Myron’s Mom ~ Nice gift bag!

Katrina ~ Good work on the masks.

We had new flooring installed in my studio, so had to move everything out of there. Need to get moved back in now so that I can get going on my fall/winter birthday and Christmas gift list.

In the meantime, I've been working on the CCS birth record and making good progress on it. Part of re-organizing the studio will be finding the charts I want to stitch up for ornament gifts.