Crafters Challenge August 30th-September 5th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My Friends--we are down into the last trimester (sp) (almost) of the year! So our planning and making had better be getting done. I do believe that I know all that I am making so now will just have to do!

A couple of things I should start on as they will need a few coats. So if (when) time gets away they will have a good start.

What are your plans for the week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I've been working on butterfly quilt blocks this morning, but the sun is shining, so I'm going to go outside for a while. No special plans. I'll just meander around the garden and pick up windfall. We had quite a wind storm yesterday with lots of rain to go with it.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I want to get some coaster tops sewn this week. I finally made my list of things to make for Christmas. I might just start working one of those this week (this stuff I have supplies for).

My sewing machine has been sitting idle for almost a week-- horrific.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i would like to finish the cross stitch border for my mums handtowel if I can. After that I think I have finished my major craft to do list for Christmas. I have a few little things that I can start or I can carry them over to the start of next year.
Still ave a few "shared" craft items that I am doing with my mum, but that will be done at her house on our crafting Wednesdays.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have nearly finished my cow embroidery- just the last 2 bits to get through now. I will get the black fiddly bit done today in the bright sun- its too difficult to see it correctly without natural daylight- tiny stitches on this bit and easy to make a mistake. Then all that has to be done is the remaining sections of white- I leave the white til last as it can get grubby- even when working with clean hands.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
My plans consist of three words:

Runner.

Runner!

RUNNER!

Think I may have bitten off more than I can chew to get it done by the 6th. I'm starting to think Oct 6th may be a better goal date - LOL!

Finished my Fall wreath though and was able to hang that up this afternoon...so satisfying!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ great job on finishing the wreath. It will look great on the door.

Tanya, same here, need to stitch in the day time. Too hard for me to see at night.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sounds like everybody is working on something!!!!

We got the fall flowers to take to the cemetery. We always do a wreath for my grandparents to put on a hook for the seasons. I should of got stuff to make us a wreath for the front door. Never have but I love the look of them on doors!

I got some material that was on sale at Wal-Mart---just because!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Made 5 more pouches this weekend and this morning got some more ribbon!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana....I often buy craft supplies just because.....and there lies the problem lol

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Craft supply shopping is so addicting :) I have confined myself to as needed supplies for specific projects only this year

EXCEPT

when I was garage "sale-ing" this spring - I picked up quite a variety of things for SO cheap. The wreath form and some of the silk flowers I just used in my Fall wreath were among them :)

Probably spent about 3 hours embroidering runner yesterday...hope to do more tonight but it's iffy as I am coming down sick with some sort of yuck. No fever, just cough, drainage and general feeling of UGH. DH and DS have it too, I'm the last to catch it.

No time to be sick! Grrrrr!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I like to give home-made hostess gifts, too. My friends seem to like the knit dish cloths, and they don't last forever, so I usually take them a couple of new ones. In the summertime, a bouquet of fresh flowers from my garden is added (sometimes in a nice vase from a thrift store that the recipient can keep). In the fall, if I have done some canning, those make nice gifts (and I request the jars back). The mug rugs are a great idea, too. I make those easy 4-square coasters which I have used as hostess gifts.

Any other ideas, ladies?

I'm also interested in new ideas for baby gifts.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I really have to get started on finishing the various knitting projects I have started and see if I want to do anymore.

Did want to do some more wristlets but we shall see.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Was off work sick yesterday with this YUCK we all came down with. DS is almost back to normal, DH is worse than I am still :(

Might be up to pulling out crafting tonight, we'll see...

I HATE being sick!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Thanks for the great idea! When I get back home, I'll check my flannel stash.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
OK showing my Australian dumb here....what is a hostess gift?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
SweetPumpkinPie ~ A hostess gift would be a small gift you take to your hostess when invited for dinner/party/overnight stay, etc. Just a small token of thanks. Do you have such a tradition down under? If so, what do you call it?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We don't generally bring a gift for dinner etc. We usually ask if we contribute to the meal in some way and the host might say bring a drink etc.
As for an overnight stay, we might just leave a greeting card saying thanks.