Crafters Challenge August 4th---August 10th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

Yesterday I purchased the 5 small glass globes that I need for the gifts that I am making for my 2 co-workers, 2 beauty shop ladies and a friend in Iowa. Got the greenery last year after Christmas. So will need to get the frosted paint yet and will either stencil or have Jaymee cut the letter with her circuit. Have 3 tuna cans so need a couple more and the hooky things. Also the small electric lights to put inside.

Teigan is really into barbie so need to work on some clothes. So tiny tho!

Also have not tried the scarf yet.

NOT TIME FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are your plans for the week?

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Going to try to work a few rows on a new knit cowl every day. A friend helped me figure out the pattern, but it's complicated, and I don't want to put it down for too long and forget how it goes. I'm starting on a list for Christmas gifts (including a pair of knit socks), so I'll need to see how to slip those in. I'm working on the June CCS cat now.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was able to finish one embroidery sampler and have started the second of three. This one is going much better now that I practiced on the first one with different techniques and number of threads to use. Will continue to work on it. Taking it to MI with me tomorrow don't know how much time I will have since I will be helping Mom and DB get ready for family reunion next Sunday at his house.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too am thinking that I am running out of time for all that I want to do. Thankfully I have done the most important things and started early in the year.
Will continue to work on stitcheries this week.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've finished 4 out of 8 felt sunglasses cases now...have designs drawn on the next two and ready to embroider! The last 2 are a dark green felt so need to mark pattern in white chalk or just free hand it...haven't decided yet!

As soon as my Discover points are available again (any day now) I will order plain canvas shopping bags that I will embroider as a gift set. Want to get a couple more that I'll do iron on vinyl with...

Still need to round back to last couple of felt ornaments too...time is ticking by!!! Will have to switch gears pretty soon to Disney prep - packing - etc. Still haven't settled our Halloween outfits/costumes for Disney either! YIPE!

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finally got the buttons on the baby sweater and back knitting on the shawl. Sweaters are on my blog.
Rose, the sweaters are gorgeous. Your friend will love them.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Katrina thank you

Decided to pull out the Christmas decorations that I am making for the grandchildren. They are UFO’s. I started them a couple years ago but never got them done. The front of the first one is now almost done. Just need the beads and the second one is about half done needle work wise.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Your knitting is always so beautiful!

I finished the June CCS cat. I think the August one is particularly cute, so I'm anxious to finish July and start on August. It probably won't be till late next week though. We'll see.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished another felt sunglasses case, makes 5 done now! :)

Started on the 6th- 2 more to go after that!

Used my Discover points to order set of 3 canvas shopping bags I plan to embellish with embroidery and give as a set.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Rose the sweaters are beautiful. I'm sorry couldn't leave a comment on your blog (I'm at work and it doesn't work from here).

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Heading down to the sewing room to finally start quilting. Pray for me because this is my weak point in making quilts. I’m not starting anything else until it’s finished I’ve decided. I know it’s only August but I’m anxious that it’s not done yet. Will feel much better when it’s done and I can relax. The days will start really flying by now.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ I still tear up when I hear about your angel!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rose. Sad about your angel grandbaby

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
At moms today. We are making dolls bedding for a cradle we are donating to the charity Christmas tree