Crafters Challenge August 5th-11th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to another week!

This week I will get my dining room chairs recovered (should say Allen will do that) and a tablecloth made for the table. I got the material, the liner and then the stuff for the middle that you put in potholders. That is my plan anyhoo.

What do you have planned for the week?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Need to get the dining room chairs recovered too! just don't know if it'll be this week - I do have all it takes.
I want to work on my snowmen ornaments this week.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Well...I did it. Finished a couple of the projects that have been on my lists a looong time. :) One was a loom knitted drawstring bag for my Kindle Fire. I added it to my Pinterest board in case anybody wants to check it ou. Same user as here.

The other was a melted bead suncatcher. The beads were bought back when my 15yo dd was in Brownies and I was her leader!! DeStash, yay!! I made a fall suncatcher and separated out the rest of the beads to make another one for each season. I just need to get a few more clear beads at HL tomorrow and I can melt the other three. They are in the pans waiting.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hi all! :)

Plans this week are:

- Continue work on Butterfly Wreath;

Base is complete (bent a wire hanger into desired shape and wrapped with strips of cream colored cotton) and I've traced and cut about 19 butterfly shapes in various sizes onto different papers. I've embellished with stamping and glitter and now just need to start hot gluing them all onto the wreath form. Depending on how it goes, I may need to cut more butterflies but we'll see...I think it is going to be really pretty! It will be hard to give it away!

- Continue making t-shirt yarn and knitting dishcloths and/or trivets from it

- Continue work on cards/tags as possible;

I've been slowly working on a stash of Christmas gift tags, using ideas from Pinterest as inspiration. :) Its a fun craft and low commitment - can pick up or drop as needed. I'm making tags that tie on and some that will just be "stuck" onto packages.

TIP: All those glue sticks that are on sale for back to school right now? They work great for attaching homemade gift tags to packages! Or for wrapping packages without tape for that matter! Some gift wrap shows up tape horribly no matter what type you use - glue sticks save the day!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just finished my 2nd snowman ornament... taking alot longer than I thought! and I have 12 to do. Guess I'll have to work on it everytime I have a chance.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Good idea about picking up the extra glue sticks!

Still knitting. I finished a pair of mitts and am working on another wingspan shawl.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Yep. Glue sticks. Definitely on my list every year at this time. I am hoping to find some good clearance on colored pencils and crayons, too. I want to make a colored pencil wreath and put some crayons in my glue gun just to see what happens. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished 3 more snowmen ornaments. One color - I have 4 of 3 different colors- is DONE :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Everybody is moving along on their projects. Sounds like some nice ones. Be sure to post pictures everybody.

This time of the year people really start thinking of what they need to start working on for the holidays!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Beautiful work AJ!! lovely wreath.

Been sewing more for my ornaments.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Great wreath!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thinking I might just buy all new material for the tablecloth :( unless I had a ruffle but.... think just new will be better and then go ahead and make this one and can use it on a couple other table if needed. Have to see.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Tablecloth done and on. Wish I had a couple more inches on each end but it will work.

Allen worked on 1 chair. Looks pretty nice with the tablecloth.

How is your weeks plan coming?

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I have been busy crafting this week. I finished a wreath wrapped in yarn with several bows upcycled from tshirts. It matches the decor in our front room. I used the tshirt sleeves for the bows. They are leftover scraps from the tshirt yarn that I have been cutting FOREVER for a rag rug for the same room. I finally started knitting on the rag rug, too.

Earlier in the week I made a glue bound book; a book of lists sort of combined with a mixed media art journal. It is made of upcycled magazine pages, notebook paper, craft paper, scrapbook paper and paint chips. It has pocket pages, envelopes, tabs and about every other page is lined paper for making lists. 120 pages in the book. I think it turned out pretty well, considering it is the first bound book I've ever tried. The mistakes just add character, right? ;) I have plans to make similar books in other themes for Christmas/Rudolph Days, a gratitude journal, recipes, diet/fitness tracker, etc.