Crafters Challenge August 5th-11th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

Wow! We had some excellent projects shared with us last week---THANK YOU for showing us pictures!

When doing dishes yesterday Allen had the Antique Roadshow on and a lady had a quilt her great great great aunt made in 1887. A crazy quilt with TONS of embroidering on it. It looked in perfect shape!

What are your plans this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished the first chemo cap yesterday. I will try to go see knitting lady on monday to do the heels of the socks, once again

Reactions: Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I finished my quilt top yesterday. It fits my queen size bed with ample overhang. I had a few issues with getting some of the points to match up but I'm still pretty happy with it. I need to cut my binding yet and decide on my quilting pattern.
Thinking about doing another quilt. I still have stuff mom saved and a stack of cotton sheets that I could make useful instead of stored in totes under the beds. And did I mention I have a stack of my baby blankets too?? Lol! Have to figure out what to do with them too! Tired of moving them around. ( the obvious would be just pitch them, I don't know why I can't do that)
IMG_5545.jpg

Reactions: Lana and luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ What a wonderful quilt for your bed!

Family is visiting and we're headed to the lake today. I'll take some knitting, but that's about all.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, WTG on the hat!

Myrons Mom that is a very pretty quilt! I have several old sheets that I keep saving for something.....

DD, enjoy the family! Which daughter is in?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Did some work on my 3 snowmen felt ornaments during layovers on my trip to CO last weekend. One ornament is done except for adding ribbon hanger and the rest are nearly done!

Friend asked me to make a special birthday card for her husband so I have to finish that tonight!

Today is my birthday btw! Hopefully I can celebrate with some extra crafting after I finish that card!

It's time to focus on finishing felt food toys for my friends little girl - her birthday is Sept 6th so the clock is ticking!!! I have some loaves of French bread to do and little broccoli florets - the stems made of felt and then topped off with mini green yarn pom poms :) Too fun!

Reactions: Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Birthday AJ!

Will be going to knitting lady this afternoon

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy birthday AJ, hope that you have a wonderful day full of love and crafting.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you, guys!!! :)

I did finish the birthday card last night and she was thrilled with it this morning! Hoping to do some more work on felt snowmen ornaments during DS's karate class this evening!

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will start some CCS mitten decorations this week. Need good light so this will be a daytime job for me.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Happy Late Birthday AJ

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lucie, WTG on the hat!

Myrons Mom that is a very pretty quilt! I have several old sheets that I keep saving for something.....

DD, enjoy the family! Which daughter is in?
I'm so glad someone else has saved old sheets! You did my heart good:)
Happy belated birthday AJ

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have started the CCS mittens. I think I will gift them to DD for her first out of home tree. Not sure.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

All I've done this week in the crafting realm is a bit of knitting. Lana, both of my DDs are here with their spouces and my three DGDs. The little ones are both about 2 1/2. One can be quite fussy when she doesn't get her way, and I'll be baby sitting her today while DD and her DH make a trip to Portland. It will be interesting. I have permission to sit her in front of the TV if necessary.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
When I finish the one I started last night, I will have crocheted 40 snowflakes. It's probably time to sew in the ends, and then I need to decide how I want to stiffen them. The directions say to use glue and pin them to the lid of a pizza box - but glue isn't something I have ever used, and I don't have a pizza box. Any suggestions?

I'm going to pick up a project that has been unfinished for the past...um...20 years. Wow, those years went by fast!

Reactions: luludou