Crafter's Challenge August 6th-August 12th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm very close to wrapping up the woodland animal (hedgehog) CCS, so will then move on to the next woodland animal motif (I think it's mice). I am also winding down on a knit scarf, so I will want to decide what project I want to work on next. It will be a busy week, so I don't anticipate having time to get into the studio for sewing except that I do want to revise some tablecloths to the sizes I want.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Very busy week ahead for me… local fair, that I will be working at on my time off. This weekend coming will be open though so hopefully will be able to accomplish some things then.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Should be able to finish the felt gingerbread men this week (sewing the 2 sides together by hand for all 29 of them) and then I'll have the scarves & tags to add. I need to figure out if I have enough Christmas bags to put them in with 2 pieces of dark chocolate for each one.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cleaned up my room pretty much. Have my patterns in my lap to be put away but wanted to make a few notes first.
Looks like I need to wash my quilt fabric so will get started on that. I need to figure out what fabric to use for the embroidery part. Will have to pick through my stash.
Have the purse pattern to go through. Will do a test run in fabric before I do a leather version. I think I have fabric picked for that.
Lastly I have a snowman project to do. It’s that wire frame that DT sold and my cousin got me the yarn to cover it. Have to find the YouTube video how to. Something I can work on in my chair.
Happy crafting!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Have some cleaning up to do from my paper crafting and then I can sit down and sew.
Still slowly working on the bed socks. Ordered a summer colour sock kit. Hand dye varied colour yarn along with a solid colour for toes/heels by lily and pine in poolside. Taking me out of my comfort zone colour wise for socks but so pretty. Something summer like to knit come January/February.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have started another crocheted blanket. I will make this one for the gift closet. I think after this there will be one more and that will be it for the yarn. It will start getting too hot soon anyway to have a blanket on my lap.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Argh!!!!! During Yarn Crawl, I found a beautiful yarn for a scarf for my DD, but they only had one skein remaining. So, I ordered 2 more, so I have ample yarn for it. Got a call on my way home from Michigan that the yarn has been discontinued and no more is availalble. I was told they'd reimburse me for the charges and I could return the single skein, as well. Back to square one. Thankful last week was so busy and I hadn't started the scarf.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
One bed socks is done. Will cast the other one on tonight.
Local fabric store has flannel on sale this week so I when and grabbed enough to make three receiving blankets. Our church got word that a children’s hospital is in need of receiving blankets. Other churches will be joining us in collecting.
Need to pull out the flannel I purchased for DGD nightgow. As I picked it up in the states I purchased a little extra which I usually use to make doll nightgown. If I have enough a receiving blanket will be made instead,

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I knitted in the truck, I knitted in the camper…going to knit after chatting here.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Socks are done.
Fabric for DGD nightgown washed as is the fabric for the receiving blankets.
Skirt is put on hold till the blankets and nightgown are done but that’s ok. Hospital needs come first. Think I have some solid pink flannel which I need to find. There might be enough for a blanket but wouldn’t know for sure till I find it

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Nightgown is cut out. Guess I didn’t buy as much fabric as I thought I did. Only enough for the gown and not enough for even a doll gown so no receiving blanket. Guest I told the Joanne employee to cut in yards instead of meters. The store in Buffalo NY will cut either way as does our Lens Mill store here.
Fabric has been cut/trimmed to size for the receiving blankets.
Now that the socks are done I need to decide what I will work on next for crafting in front of the tv (baseball games). Thinking the appliqué quilt block.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cut out the double flip shoulder bag.
Quilt is just about cut out (except for the borders). Using up a bunch of scraps for the background from the Christmas quilts I did a few years ago. Taking a little time to do that, some figuring involved to use pieces efficiently. Need to buy the embroidery patterns tonight for the train blocks so I can download them and get started. Embroidery library has 50% off :)
My 30 wt thread came for the rugs. I did a decent job picking colors for a change.
I need to get that darn snowman done. Tired of moving the supplies around on my sewing table.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
With Fall coming up, I've decided to set aside my summer-weight sweater. I started a winter hat (beanie=type) for myself today and completed the bottom boarder completed and the fist round of the actual hat portion done. It's a super chunky navy yarn, and the place where I bought the yarn (during Yarn Crawl) recommended a Q hook. That was just too large and loose, so I switched to what I had, an M, and it was much better, but also much tighter. Should be able to complete it in the next week or two, depending on how much time I can devote to crafting.