Crafters Challenge August 7- August 13, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
To all my quilting friends out there: I am buying a new washing machine. I want extra large capacity for my quilts but all the newer machines are low water on all settings which I hate. I’m looking at a speed Queen it fills with water but has a smaller drum. It suppose to do a queen size quilt with out issues. Any body have any advice or input????

Reactions: jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Thank you MM. Lana asked me yesterday to post the thread for her and I don't know want happened to it. I probably forgot to enter. So sorry Lana, I did try :(

Reactions: jampss

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I cut out 40 felt ornaments for friends... I will be doing small mittens . My prototype is done but don't like the fur cuff.. will try something else. the one I saw was sherpa but can't find any :(

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
This week I need to
(X)make a card to get in the mail along with getting August cards addressed and in the mail
(X)get skirt hemmed
()work on September cards—have started
()work on the dishcloths—would like to get them done by end of month—with the weather feeling in the 40’s yesterday I just sat and knitted. Got a dishcloth made. Still quiet hot today but is suppose to be cooler tomorrom.—another one done.
()have a couple sewing projects to finish if time

Last edited:
Reactions: Lana and jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
To all my quilting friends out there: I am buying a new washing machine. I want extra large capacity for my quilts but all the newer machines are low water on all settings which I hate. I’m looking at a speed Queen it fills with water but has a smaller drum. It suppose to do a queen size quilt with out issues. Any body have any advice or input????
I finally got a Speed Queen. Did end up with the one with push buttons instead of just the dial because the price was not that much more for a longer warranty. I have never had a washer that washes this well and is so easy to use. Go for it.

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ Thanks for the get-go!

I'm continuing to knit on the shawl and work on the felt ornaments. I also started a small CCS motif to make a card. I would love to get back into the studio one of these days, but I don't see it happening too soon. :(

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I finally got a Speed Queen. Did end up with the one with push buttons instead of just the dial because the price was not that much more for a longer warranty. I have never had a washer that washes this well and is so easy to use. Go for it.
I ended up getting the speed Queen! We called the owner to see if he would mind if I brought a quilt in to see how it would fit. He actually cleaned the drum so my quilt wouldn’t get messed up. One of my largest quilts fit with plenty of room. I can always take a super large one to the cleaners if needed. They are pretty basic. Im glad to hear they wash well, that was my complaint with the old one.
Another week of nothing here. Planing to stop at Michaels for something for my Christmas cards whenever I’m out that way.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Card needed is done and in the mail. Forgot to take a picture.
Skirt is hemmed and another dishcloth is done.
I have also started on the September cards started. Stamping/colouring done.
Pulled out the fabric left over from the table runner and a potholder pattern to see if I had enough fabric to make a set and I do. Just need to get some Rick rack.
I also have a quilt top I want to get quilted by Christmas. Do need to check if I have enough batting/thread.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have been working on stocking countdown this week and it is going much slower than I anticipated. I may switch some of it to make it easier for the dgds. Maybe it just the Nutcracker ones that started with that are the hardest. I might preassemble them for the girls and they can color them in.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Nothing like a Caron Cotton Cakes clearance section at Michaels to get me motivated. After 2 years of not picking up my crochet hooks I decided to just jump right in and try to replace some of my afghans. I'm not crazy about the colors but couldn't resist the price to try out a new design. Now I remember why I love crocheting,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.it's sooooo relaxing after a long day at work.
1660616804106.png
I was finally able to locate a replacement book of thread ornament toppers that I just loved. I received my first set of satin ball ornaments today so I be able to make new heirloom ornaments for my tree. I can't wait to get started on these.

o1660617586616.png

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was finally able to locate a replacement book of thread ornament toppers that I just loved. I received my first set of satin ball ornaments today so I be able to make new heirloom ornam

oView attachment 1889
Ordered and received the ornament book today. It looks like a lot or fun. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: luludou and Lana