Crafters Challenge August 9th-15th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Will be quilting again. Have pin basted quilt. Cleaned my machine to get all the fuzz bunnies out from the last one. Changed the needle and did a test run and I am good to go. Want to get the first row done today (the most time consuming). But I might go to Rittman to get red haven peaches instead if they have them.
Hope everyone has a productive week!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did get 12 Christmas stockings cut out and Mom and I sewed them. (last Wednesday) I want to put a decorative hanger on them and they will be done.
I hope to finish the last game I am making for dgds. This is a time consuming one so it I get it done this week it will be awesome. So two goals only for me in this area this week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Not crafting, I know but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, This afternoon I did fix 2 of Teigans dresses (sewed the ribbon tie back on to one side of one and the other had to sew the tulle in a spot of an overlay), took in 2 skirts, 12 pairs of leggings and 4 prs. of carpis. She needs the 6-6x for length but could use 4/ 5 waist.

Have 5 mask to shorten the elastic on so Jaymee can put her name or T K on them. Hoping that is tomorrow nights project.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Knit socks are started. Still need to start Christmas ornaments and Xavier's stocking... not sure it'll get done this week... have a super busy week of appointments.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ Fresh peaches this time of year are the best! We've had them for breakfast for the last three days. We are out of them now but will get more on our way to the lake today. You are inspiring me to remember to do that machine prep before starting a new project!

Yesterday I finished up the September pillowcases and stitched out a sample quilt label for a friend. I'll show it to her, and we can brainstorm how she wants it to look using a partially-finished block from the front of the quilt.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a lot of projects that need a little finishing. Still have not finished the band on the cardigan and need to put hooks in a wooden sign that DH and I made. I will not start anything else until these are finished. ;)

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi, guys. You've all been so busy! Good job,everybody! My hats off to you.

I love the raccoon ornament- and, of course I had to go look at the other things in her shop and now I'm thinking I need to add some to my list. Next year's list, that is. My list for this year is already long and I'm not making much headway. I just keep getting busy with things around here and never seem to get into my craft room. My kids don't start school for another 4 weeks but perhaps then I can carve out an hour each day. Maybe.....

I have knitted a bit and that's about it.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Finished the game today. I want to work on the stockings and part of the costume I am making dgd. That would be tomorrows tasks. I have to order some tulle to finish the coustume. When I finish the stockings I will post pictures.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
and, of course I had to go look at the other things in her shop and now I'm thinking I need to add some to my list.

This is so me :D

Don't have too much progress to report. I did cut out the felt pieces for Rilla the Racoon - I finished a round of gift tags - and I picked back up a UFO - embroidering burlap ribbon and made some progress on that....busy week here! Big go live event at work is going to make life pretty crazy for the next few weeks :(

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Here is what I have accomplished: Magnetic fishing game, Guess Who (Paw Patrol) game The Connect 4 game is on the reverse side of the Tic Tac Toe game and Cubs business card/gift/credit card holders.

Attachments

• IMG_1842 (2).JPG
    IMG_1842 (2).JPG
    878.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1843 (3).JPG
    IMG_1843 (3).JPG
    671.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1844 (3).JPG
    IMG_1844 (3).JPG
    558.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1848.JPG
    IMG_1848.JPG
    661.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1846 (5).JPG
    IMG_1846 (5).JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 8

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Looks like people are working hardl during this Covid year.

• Love
Reactions: AuntJamelle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Have one more row and quilt will be half done.
went to another Joann’s today looking for black quilting cotton. None to be found. Finally got it at a small quilt shop. My friend wants me to cut her quilt in half ( ouch!). I need some black binding for it. i don’t think it’s going to look nice but she is certain that is what she wants. They are going from a cal king to twin beds.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Started on the 3rd and final recipe binder yesterday - got 3 full 12x12 sheets of vinyl images and text cut out and have made some progress on cutting/weeding all of them.

Have been working on picking out papers for the various tabs...

And I used my brand spanking new Cricut Easy Press to apply iron on designs to a couple of pot holders. Worked SO much more easily than using an iron...winner winner chicken dinner!

https://flic.kr/p/2jwGAPt

Reactions: luludou