Crafters Challenge December 13th---December 19th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I finished a couple items yesterday a.m..

Have the boas to finish. Cut out 14 and made one. Candies were made today and tomorrow is baking and dipping some of the candies.

Even tho I have a couple things to finish for this year, I am thinking ahead for some crafts for next year.

Teigan wanted to do some soaps for her classmates so I got that stuff last night. Will see if we get them done by Thursday.

What is every one else working on?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ "...thinking ahead for some crafts for next year." Spoken like a true crafter! I'm doing the same.

I'll be finish up the sock monkey and the Frozen II shawl in the next couple of days. Then I'll see how much I can accomplish on the growth chart. We plan to wrap and mail on Tuesday. If the growth chart isn't ready, it will have to go separately.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Hope to get to my quilt today for a little bit. Spent the morning prepping for baking day with my cousin tomorrow. With 2 bad backs here prep work is of major importance. Need to finish a little house cleaning too.
I’m planning for the new year too. Want to use up a bunch of my fabric stash for quilts and trying to figure out exactly what I want to do for the Christmas in July exchange. I have have several things in mind. Also planning purses and wallets for Christmas gifts and need to finish my husbands quilt. I don’t sound the least overbooked do I????

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since all celebrations are cancelled and I'm up to date on everything around the house I think it's time to start crafting again. I got some sock yarn I had ordered so I'm set for 2021. I have to crochet some scarve too... too much yarn!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Teigan and I poured some soaps after school. Will take them out tonight later and see how it worked. Then 5 in morning and after school and 5 Wednesday a.m.. Still can't find the other mold I just had in hands a few days ago and put up knowing Teigan wanted to use it.!!! :(((

Allen is sewing on the ugly sweater. Hand sewing and then can remove the items and still wear shirt next week for Christmas.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Glad you're finding some crafting time again! Did you see the knit turban-style headbands I've been making. They are fabulous to use up leftover yarn. It only takes a few ounces. They make a great neck warmer, too, and can be pulled up over the ears when needed.

Lana ~ Making soaps with Teigan sounds like fun. I so miss my grandchildren! As soon as I can get vaccinated, I plan to get plane tickets!

I've decided to knit a hat for Valentin that will match the hat on his sock monkey. It's a little hard to imagine that I can get it finished soon enough to mail with the rest of their packages, since the wrapping/mailing party starts today, and probably a little late at that.

DH will be making Chex Party Mix that we plan to share with some neighbors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lana and luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD I'm not sure I saw the headbands. I visited your blog (always nice to visit) but didn't seem to find them.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I completed 3 boas today. Have 9 other tubes done so just the towels need sewed in.

Teigan did soap before school and after school. She has did 42. I take in and out of microwave and she stirs, puts the scent and color in and then I pour till she tells me it is full. She poured some but a heavy 4 cup glass measuring cup. We are done for now. She will give to each classmate with some reindeer feed, and some for family members. By herself she said to give the 2 beauty shop girls each a bar. Surprised me to hear that. She knew I was going tomorrow but I hadn't packed their gifts yet and she didn't know that I would be giving anything.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
By herself she said to give the 2 beauty shop girls each a bar. Surprised me to hear that. She knew I was going tomorrow but I hadn't packed their gifts yet and she didn't know that I would be giving anything.
She knows how thoughtful her grandma is. She sees it everyday.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This afternoon while Allen went to get Teigan from school I made a tooth fairy pocket. It was done real fast but she really liked it.

She got her soaps all wrapped for her classmates.

Now I am off to sew.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I made 7 boas. Am short one towel for number needed. Sewed 3 extra tubes and will grab 4 towels then and have 3 extra boas. Have made 23 for this year and then add the 4 in.

Even patched a pair of Ryans pajama bottoms.

Have 4 kitty cat catnip packs to make.

Teigan wants to do mommy a mistletoe picture with her feet prints so got them on canvas today.

So fun to sit and sew/craft !!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Have 3 quilt blocks to finish then I will play with the lay out. Not sure I’m loving one of the colors. I may look in Joann’s today for a alternative. Thought maybe I’d have it done by Christmas lol. That’s not happening.

Finished 2 ornament girl ornaments. One was the December club kit. Trying to stay on top of my kits. Have another one I’m working on but having a hard time lining both sides up. I’m having fun playing with them and my husband loves them for some reason.

I actually have a fabric order coming in the mail today!!! It’s the blenders for my catitude quilt. Can’t wait. Thinking I might have all my fabric now for it. I hope anyways.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I made the last 4 boas and the did 3 catnip packs. Guess I cut the squares alittle bigger and I only had 3 packs of catnip. Jaymee's 2 cats can share, not sure if she wants to take one to her dads cat or not and then she has a cat at other grandpas farm.

Haven't been the way thru all the gifts I have purchased but have my 2 sisters enough (I buy for them but years ago we decided not to exchange) so will do pillows for them next year.

Sewing is done for this Christmas.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

The hat for Valentin got wrapped and shipped yesterday, so that is off my plate. I did some work on the growth chart as well, and got Chex party mix packaged up. DH is going to make more one more batch today. I'll be wrapping DH's gifts today, and I call that crafting!

I had a brainstorm early this morning to knit a neck warmer to coordinate with a new shirt I want to wear on Monday. I thought I had some leftover yarn that would coordinate nicely with it. I was able to find the yarn, but there's not nearly enough. Now I need to decide if I want to venture out to seek yarn and quickly whip up a neck warmer. I'll have to see how my day goes.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so behind on my crafts. I don't know how I got so busy at the end of the year, I have not done any thing for many weeks now.
Will try and start again in the new year.