Crafters Challenge December 15th-21st, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gave out first gifts tonight to work colleagues. Hand made snowmen ornaments that I worked on over the Winter were a hit.

Looks like some last minute crafting going on here, glad that the sox were found

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday at lunch I sewed some srubbies ends and I found more that I will do today. Thought I was going to have to get more tulle to do 3 more but found several waiting to be sewn.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've got one other felt ornament done… just one to go.

Might have to crochet some more angel wings :( seems I did not count right for friends' gifts uh-oh.

Later

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
It was nice to read over everyone's craft projects. They all sound wonderful! I crocheted a hat for DD27 who now lives in Vermont ... it has an applique "I heart VT". :)

Reactions: Miss JoDee

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My scrubbies have all had the ends sewn so that has completed the crafts that I wanted done for this Christmas. Now to the food and cleaning!
Well done Lana on finishing your crafts.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've been working on a couple of snowman banners. One is for me and I'm making kind of a kit to take to Alaska for my 4-year old DGD to help me put together. I'll see if she wants to make it a gift for her family. It should be quick to finish up while we are there.

Also, I've stitched out most of the lettering for the growth chart, and am now knitting the sock ribbing, so nearly done with those.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I found Christmas cards a few days ago that are the same as those 3D diamond paintings. I would love to sit tonight and start one if I can.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My pajamas are done and washed. I woke up at 3am and couldn’t go back to sleep so I got them finished. I used my serger for all but stitching my elastic together. It took me longer to figure out what stitches I wanted/ needed to use than it did to rethread, move needles and sew. Told my husband for my birthday gift I’m signing up for a 3 day serger class in March. I have a list posted at my machine of questions for my class.
I decided this morning (at 4am) that in January I’m going to reorganize my room and take care of some unfinished projects.
Hope everyone has a productive weekend. Can’t believe Christmas is next week!!!

Reactions: Lana

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I decided this morning (at 4am) that in January I’m going to reorganize my room and take care of some unfinished projects.
I hope you get to do this. Last January, DD and I did the whole house Konmarie, Tidy Up lady. And I was especially happy about doing the art room (computer room, school room, junk room). There were some projects I let go of and donated the kit to the Hospice Attic. We got bins and labeled them and ... I feel so free of the clutter and happy to have a clean open work space to craft in. :D

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Myron’s mom. I hope to do the same in January with my craft room and finish a couple projects.

I came across an idea for my Christmas cards for next year. Michaels doesn’t have the paper I need for it. Will need to see if I can find some online or figure something else out.
Haven’t had time to get any knitting in as I have been busy getting ready for my children/ grandchildren coming tomorrow. Hopefully Monday I can sit and knit/watch movies most of the day.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have some ideas on Pinterest and hope to get a list made and start on it early. I some hope to get the CIJ ornaments made early. I have a few ideas and need to narrow it down. I like making them from things I already have here so I guess cleaning the craft room will be my starting point. Why does that room always need cleaning???? I just cleaned it. Ah well. I have to teach myself to put it back all the way and not say I'll do it later:rolleyes:.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Myron’s mom. I hope to do the same in January with my craft room and finish a couple projects.
I think the same. It may not be done in January when it is incredibly hot here but a some stage I want to sort my craft room and really enjoy my crafting next year.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I hope you get to do this. Last January, DD and I did the whole house Konmarie, Tidy Up lady. And I was especially happy about doing the art room (computer room, school room, junk room). There were some projects I let go of and donated the kit to the Hospice Attic. We got bins and labeled them and ... I feel so free of the clutter and happy to have a clean open work space to craft in. :D

Did you have a consultant or did you do this yourselves?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Did you have a consultant or did you do this yourselves?
We just did it ourselves. But I told DD27 ... she should be a consultant! ;) She has also helped some of her friends get the clutter out!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thanks. I keep saying I want to do the plan so you have inspired me to start.

Reactions: jampss