Crafter's Challenge December 18th---December 24th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, friends we are almost to our special day!!!

I need to fill 4 rice bags (ran out of rice today)

Need to paint 3 snowman faces on my nieces/nephew ornament.

Those things will get done tomorrow. (unless we don't shop tomorrow and Allen will get this week.

Any last minutes crafting to get done for anybody?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thankfully, I don't need to do anything more, and the craft studio is neatened up so that DD can use it for a wrapping area when she is here. I keep going out there and doing a little crafting and then I need to clean up after myself. Perhaps I'll get in the habit that I can continue into the new year!

I have some knitting and CCS projects that I can work on without messing up the studio.

Grandchildren start arriving Tuesday evening, so I will want to do some crafting with them, including baking and decorating Christmas sugar cookies.

Last edited:

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I am done with Christmas crafting but do need to tackle the crafting room. It needs some tiding up. once that’s done I need to start on a couple costumes for a local youth group.
Also need to make a couple pairs of pillowcases. The ones for our winter sheet sets are getting on the thin side.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I cut out the body of a 20" Raggedy Ann/Andy do that I'm making for DD's baby to be born in January. Should start sewing on it this week. If I can get the body made and hair on it all I have to do is make the clothes. I have to wait until the baby is born to know how to dress the doll.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
If I can do a bit more knitting/crocheting people may get them as gifts - if not - next year.

I'd just like to do a bit of crafting for myself later in the week.

• Love

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You have all done so well this year.....I am sure that all gift recipients will love the beautiful crafts that you have worked on.

For me, well I am looking at the new year as this year was a dud.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Didn’t get any ornaments worked on but I did start to clean up my mess. Trying to develop a plan for the new year so I’m more organized. I did get a lot done this year but it doesn’t feel like I did and I felt rushed. I really need to get rid of somethings next year too.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did make it to the sewing room today and started making the worry dolls. I got as much done as I could until I get supplies that are being bought for me. I don't know when that will happen. Tomorrow I will iron on the sewing lines for the doll and start embroidery so that is done. Once that is done I can sew the body stuff it and then apply the hair. and it will be ready for clothes as soon as we know if it is boy or girl.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Put the money in the ornaments last night (see how it takes them to realize they got more than an ornament) and the snowflake on them. They are now wrapped. Made the 7 pop its with m&m's and chocolate over them. Ready to pick up crafting stuff.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Over last weekend, a "food craft" I helped make was Muddy Buddies! My sister wanted to make these for co-workers. We tried three kinds ... Carmel, Peanut Butter, and Peppermint. We learned a lot of what worked (butter in the chocolate chips works better) and what didn't (crushed peppermint canes didn't make 'dust').

They were all tasty!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Worked on my fall quilt yesterday. I have 4 blocks to make. Everything is cut out and ready to sew. Maybe I’ll get the top done this week.
Was trying to order some supplies yesterday but could not get a lot of the sites to load properly. I think between us using up our data this month and this crazy storm is the problem. Will try again today.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Today is our last crochet class for the year, and with the weather the way it is, I"m debating on going. I've not worked on my project this week, so it will simply be crocheting with the group and seeing how far they've gotten on their projects. Once the hustle and bustle is over, I can make more time for it and get back to crafting.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Did a little crafting with Julia setting her up to paint some pictures for her momma and papa and also cutting out snowflakes. I’ve done a little knitting on my afghan too.