Crafters Challenge December 20th-December 26th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to the week of Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Happy to say I finished all my homemade crafts this past week.

Tabled pillows to next year --- due to having them enough gifts already.

I will throw some more seasoning salt together tomorrow due to me giving away more than I planned. Takes like 5 or 10 minutes. 1 cup Kosher Salt, 1/4cup onion powder (optional), 1/4 cup garlic powder and 1/4 cup grind pepper ( I use coarse) mix all together and put into containers.

Anybody have any last minute items to do?

Reactions: jampss and luludou

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
No last minute stuff here. Will be working on my quilt today. Most likely will be the last day of crafting until after Christmas. I have no sew ornaments but not sure I’ll get to them or not. I do need a list of gifts to make, and all the things I want to do for me for the new year to post on my bulletin board.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I just started another neck/ear warmer after talking to a friend who was complaining about her neck always being cold. Mine feels that way, too, and I love these neck warmers for that purpose. I thought I'd whip one up for her. We are going to get a few things to her son sometime this week for him to deliver. I have an ornament started that I'd like to give to a friend, but I'll be seeing her tomorrow and not sure I can get it done that quickly. I've been procraftinating on it anyway. Could probably wait till next year, I guess.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
In talking to a friend yesterday, she mentioned how much she likes a scarf that I gave her quite a few years ago. I asked her if she would like another one, and she said yes. It's another quick, easy knit. I have to find out what color she would like it to be to match or coordinate with the coat she likes to wear it with.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Happy Christmas Eve!

I ordered yarn for the bow-tie scarf from Joanns and picked it up yesterday. It won't be for Christmas, obviously. In fact, she doesn't want me to mail her any packages until the COVID pandemic is over, since they have to go to the post office to pick them up. Not sure if she will even get it in time to wear this winter.

I'm nearly done with the growth chart for Valentin's second birthday. It won't get there in time, but at least he will get it. I still need to tack down the last two hanging loops, make a label and work with DH to finish the doweling for haning.

We have a relaxed day planned, and it will probably involve some crafting on my part.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Merry Christmas to you all.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gave out the Christmas crafts yesterday. Mum loved her striped cushion so that was good. It is always nice when recipients like what you have worked on.
I did not get to all the things on my list but that is OK, I just start again next year.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Our day is coming to an end, and I'm doing some easy knitting on a scarf for a friend that she requested. All Christmas crafting gifts were completed, wrapped, mailed or delivered on time, and seem to have been appreciated. There's one last gift to be mailed, but the recipient requested that I wait till the pandemic is over. They need to pick packages up at the post office and need to avoid having to do that.

I'm ready to start on a project for myself. I just need to decide what it will be. There's so much in the queue!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was meaning to make kitchen boas this year but did not get to it. I have all the supplies I just need to start.
I need to sit down and decide my crafting list for next year at some stage.