Crafters Challenge December 26th---January 1st, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I need to continue on the clean up in my craft room. A little knitting and than get some yarn, pattern and needles together for some knit alongside that a local yarn shop is doing. They have some projects picked out. As you knit along they give you tips etc.
also Need to come up with some male card ideas for next year. Need two in January and 2 for February.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
First thing on my list is to tidy the craftroom which doubles as the Christmas room. Need to look at my pintrest board and make a list of waht crafts I want to do and if I need supplies. Then need to make a note in my planner.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lots of tidying going on this week. I need to do that, too, although some was accomplished before we left for Christmas.

I thought my crafted Christmas gifts were very well received. DD particularly loved the machine embroidery gingerbread ornaments I made for Julia and Valentin. She said she doesn't need more, though. What I made was enough. They got 3 each.

So this week I plan to continue with some knitting (scarf for me and mermaid tail afghan for Julia). I would also like to try some machine embroidery snowman treat bags for grandchildren and also some 2022 Christmas cards.

Looking ahead, I want to make a Mardi Gras centerpiece. Mardi Gras isn't until March, but I didn't get it made in time last year ... just sayin'.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Got fabric pulled for another quilt top.
Found a sticker that I purchased early summer for GDG birthday card for the upcoming year that I misplaced and a socking stuffer I also misplaced/forgot about. Not sure why I didn’t add it to the gift bin but it has been given to the receiver.
Yarn etc pulled for the KAL and a little knitting done.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished the last ornament kit this morning! Decided I am going to go through my sewing room, clean and purge. While I’m doing that I’ll get my projects I want to get done organized.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I spent a large part of today on the computer with a new program to help me organize and view all my machine embroidery files. I found that to use the program, I needed to unzip hundreds of my files.

I also decided that I would like to have a new set of red Christmas placemats. The ones I have aren't very old, but the fabric I used (a red tablecloth) frayed a lot and one seam is coming out already. Apparently I didn't serge the edges as I should have. I don't much like the fabric anyway, so will look for an alternative. I might even go online to see if there are some that I might like to just buy rather than make. I'm starting to realize that I don't have to make everything just because I can. I just don't have the time.