Crafters Challenge December 27th----January 2nd, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!

Let's kick 2020 on out and bring in 2021! Let the Lord be with us all and keep us safe!

This week I will probably not be crafting. I might or might not start thinking of crafts for 2021. I would like to just chill and focus on some things that we need to do to get lined out in 2021. Down on a list at least!

I might get some vanilla beans ordered and buy some vodka so can start vanilla for 2021.

What is your plan for this last week of 2020?????

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I plan to put away Christmas and clean the sewing room that once again became the place to put something when a permanent home is not secured for it yet.
I will also begin a list of things to make in 2021.

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to tidy my craft room and then think of what I may like to do in 2021.
DD is getting married and I think we will be doing a lot of crafts for that. Bunting, tassles and cloth napkins are on the list.
I need to stop looking at Pinterest and actually start making some of the things on my list, not add to it.

I am looking forward to a new, fresh year full of possibilities.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Some of my craft presents to others ... I started late with no plan and ideas would come to me for each person. So, it made the end of crappy 2020 ... better. :)

As for 2021, I actually want to work up a working list for family and friends ... there's a fun YouTube channel called Bag O Day Crochet ... lots and lots (and I mean LOTS) of free tutorials on hats, mitts, scarves ... you name it. She also does Free Giveaways! All these pics are from her patterns on a video.

I have always loved this forum for inspiration. I appreciate you all and seeing, hearing about, and learning from you all. Glad we got to get through 2020 together. It kept me ... sane. :cool:

Sending you blessings for 2021!! (we need a smilie face with hearts)

2020 12 25 Lorraine.jpg 2020 12 25 Stephanie.jpg 2020 11 30 SB.jpg 2020 12 25 SB.jpg 2020 12 13 Steph.jpg 2020 12 25 Sierra.jpg

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrina, I know what you mean about pinterest......you pin and pin but you have to when you see it.....but then no time to do it!

Jody, my bedroom is the room stuff goes to when not in place!!!

Jampss, nice stuff she does. Thank you for sharing the channel.

Rose, sounds like you have a good plan.

Years ago I had read where the month of the persons birthday that you purchase the bday gift and the Christmas present at the same time so you have it or put the money aside for their Christmas gift. I always thought that with kids (and now a grandchild) you wouldn't be able to purchase all the gifts or put the money aside for them at one time ---more than likely. But I guess if we knew what we were going to make a person ahead of time, we could do that during their b'day month and have it done. Normally I find something I like and do that for several people.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
There’s an organization and planning theme running through all of our posts this week. It is definitely the start of a new crafting year, even before New Year’s Day.

Lana ~ I’ve never made vanilla. Is it cheaper to make it? It’s still expensive to buy. My giant Costco bottle is getting a little low. I really like that idea to plan for Christmas on the person’s birthday, although we have some late-in-the-year birthdays in our family: October; November (2); and December (1).

Jody ~ We have a spare bedroom that has collected “stuff”. I’ll be working to get it cleaned back up again.

Katrina ~ A wedding to plan for will keep you very busy. When DD was married in our garden, I should have had better lists and stuck to them … just sayin’ …

Jampss ~ There are some nice ideas there. Even though I don’t crochet (much), there is always a knit pattern (and sometimes sewing patterns), so it’s a great place for inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Rose ~ You were done with Christmas crafting quite early this year. Hope you are able to do the same in 2021. You are an inspiration!

Once I do some craftermath control this week, I need to decide on my next studio project. I have several things planned for the embroidery machine (gifts), and some quilting/sewing items for myself. Sometimes I can have the embroidery machine stitching away while I work on something else, so I hope I can do some of that this week. I also want to get back to the CCS birth record for Valentin.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I don't really know if the vanilla is less expensive but people seem to like it. Vanilla beans seem to have went up in price. But, what hasn't?

I would really like to try to do all homemade gifts next year. Well, of course Allen, Ryan, Jaymee and Teigans's wouldn't be.

I do make probably half of what I give others. So want to try and up that percentage.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I really did not make anything for anyone this past year. I decided to take a different position at work with different hours plus we have had crazy overtime since March so no time to get anything done. I am thinking that the only way I am going to get anything done this year is on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday's which are now what my days off are. Since I work Wen-Sat 12-11 I don't have much time.

I am in the process of getting a list going of what I need to make this year.

Besides trying to get craft room in some sort of order since even though I didn't make things for my own I did have quite a few shirt and cup orders I had todo plus ornaments that I didn't even make for my own this year. I think that will be the first thing I try to get done to get out of the way.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Working on my quilt. Main part is done. Cutting the pieces for the inter borders now.
can’t decide if I should quilt this one once the top is done or start another quilt top. Have the fabric for the next 2 sitting on my work table.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Myron's Mom ~ I'm anxious to get back to quilting, but mine will be table runners and covers for our entry stool. Yours are coming along great. If you don't quilt one right away, do you lose interest in finishing it?

Yesterday I found myself in the studio making more of a mess working on 2021 Christmas cards. I made 2 that I like, so will be going for the assembly-line process to get them finished.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Yesterday I looked through some of my craft stuff. Found a kit for 30 mini ccs ornaments. If I make one motif a week, I should have enough for Christmas cards. I also have CIJ ornaments decided - I have most of the supplies but need to order something to get those going on Rudy days. And I found my sock loom with sock yarn (still unused). Add to that another set of crocheted pillowcase lace and pillowcases to embroider, and I have enough to keep busy...and happy...for awhile.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Myron's Mom ~ I'm anxious to get back to quilting, but mine will be table runners and covers for our entry stool. Yours are coming along great. If you don't quilt one right away, do you lose interest in finishing it?

Yesterday I found myself in the studio making more of a mess working on 2021 Christmas cards. I made 2 that I like, so will be going for the assembly-line process to get them finished.
I don’t lose interest unless it’s something boring like making masks ( they are sooooo boring to me). But I do like to batch make things. The other thing is my machine takes over my cabinet with that arm that the hoops go on. I found I liked making several quilt tops then quilting them all when making the Christmas quilts. The only problem is it takes a long time to finally finish something.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ I hear you about projects taking so long to complete! It's great to have a quick one once in a while.

A UFO has surfaced and is now ready to be finished. In 2018 I cross stitched three very cute gnome designs to make into a wall hanging. At Ben Franklin the other day, I found a board to mount them on and some laser cut snowflakes and evergreen trees to further embellish it with. The gnomes are now mounted to backing felt and ready to affix to the board, which DH has cut down to a better size for me and re-stained. I'm just waiting for the stain to dry a bit before gluing the gnomes and other embellishments to it.

I'm also prepping to make a fleece hat for Julia for her February BD; and I've been spending some time in the evenings on the CCS birth record for Valentin.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
First things first. I need to get into my craft room and organise it fully. I need to pull everything out of cupboards and really sort through things. Once that is all done I will make a list of what materials I have and what I can make with them. If I can do this by the end of January I can then move forward with the new year. That's the plan any how

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Spend today working on updating my Christmas/craft planner inside and out. Got my crafting list made. I was going to make it month by month but decided to go my usual root--birthday, holidays, me, Christmas etc.
I did however decided that I still needed a monthly list and for it to be so I would see it regular.

To make my monthly list I made myself some postcard type cards. Decorated the front of the cards, stamped the month on them. Than I attached a removable piece of paper onto the back of the card to write my list onto. Figure this way I can reuse my cards and I can put the cards in my daily planner--a perfect place for daily reminders of what I need to get done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Rose ~ What a great idea for lovely re-usable monthly lists! Your organizational skills must be as masterful as your crafting skills.

I did get the UFO CCS gnomes finished into a wall hanging that I'm very pleased with. Since we are through with our Advent calendar for the season, I hung the gnomes up in its place.

I also knit myself another ear/neck warmer with some beautiful red Lion Brand Heartland yarn. I'm always finding myself wishing I had a red-red scarf to wear, and I love these little neck warmers. I have enough yarn left, of course, to make another one. I think I will make one for a friend and find colors to use for a couple others for the group of us that get together.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
You all have some fun things going! I started a crochet throw for DD28 in VT. She's working on her psychology master's and she's making her study area "peaceful" and uncluttered so she can focus ... instead of seeing what needs to be cleaned/organized. Apparently, her space to study is the messy catch all room. Right away I texted back when she sent some 'before' shots ... what happened to the Kon Mari de-cluttering girl I know?! LOL She said teal and purple is the color scheme.

Reactions: Lana