Crafters Challenge December 29th----January 4th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Can you believe the year is OVER!!!!!

I would like to thank you all for sharing your crafts/sewing with us all each week. So much talent on here!

I would also like to wish you and all your loved ones a HAPPY NEW YEAR AND SAFE AND HEALTHY 2020!!!!!!!

I am thinking of some items to make for 2020 but won't start listing any until next week.

Last night I did get Teigans machine out and it worked good. She was sewing straight lines and trying out all 10 stitches. Said it was fun! It is fuchsia and yellow. Small one that was 69.99 a New Home Janome, Will see how it goes.

Everybody take care and enjoy cleaning your crafting areas or working on stuff!!!!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I have a small-ish tote full of fleece scraps left from making mats for the guinea pig cage a year or so ago. I want to use the tote for a new project, so I'm going to cut those scraps into squares and sew small mats & pillows for the gp's to sleep on in their hideys. I wonder where my rotary cutter & mat are?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I guess I really need to get back to my resolution of a few years ago to do the craftermath control before starting the next project! When I get home I'll need to prioritize organization!

Iris abd I will finish up one paper-fold ornament and maybe do some knitting today. We return home tomorrow.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Teigan and I sewed a small Santa sack to use for play gifts (the prewrapped ones for crafts) for barbies and LOL dolls. I had some red fur like fabric and strung a ribbon thru it that came on a gift.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I would also like to wish you and all your loved ones a HAPPY NEW YEAR AND SAFE AND HEALTHY 2020!!!!!!!
Lana, thank you so much for keeping this thread going this year. I agree, there are a lot of amazingly talented people on here and I get a great deal of inspiration from you all.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lana thank you for hosting this thread every week! Thank you all for sharing your crafting. You continue to inspire every week with your talents and creativity!!!
Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy, productive and prosperous New Year!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Still picking away at cleaning and organizing my sewing room. Getting rid of some stuff, either to family, friends, thrift shop or trash. Have my “to do” pile, it’s not giant so I think I can go through it pretty fast (famous last words).
I went to zincks (and a few other shops) in Amish country yesterday for their sale. I think I have all my fabric now for my quilts except the background. My original choice I don’t like any more but I think I’ve found something else. I think I might make up a few blocks and see how they look with my current choice before I buy a ton of it.
Happy crafting everyone as we roll into the new year!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
THANK YOU, LANA!!! This thread is a wonderful thing to have and I look forward to it!!!

I really, really need to go through my craft supplies and resort and organize everything to take stock of what I have.

BUT instead I have jumped feet first into a whole host of projects! :rolleyes:

I designed and cut with Cricut the decor for 24 Harry Potter goody bags for DS's party. Bags arrived via Amazon a few days ago. Still need to design a tag for the bags.

I purchased a Harry Potter font and have been designing tags for various items that will go in the goody bags.

- Victor Krum's Karamel Korn
- Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans
- Dementor Relief Candy Bar Label

And so on!

Used Cricut to cut "wings" for 24 Ferrero Rocher candies which will be turned into Golden Snitches.

Cut pieces for felt Holly Leaves ornament and picked up the red buttons needed at JoAnn's.

Completed a felt "Joy" mini embroidery hoop ornament - ready to hot glue backer on + a ribbon to hang

Purchased fabric needed for several more mini embroidery hoop ornaments I have planned.

Purchased white adhesive vinyl for next recipe binder I have planned for another friend's spring birthday

I plan to iron the fabric I bought and get ornaments organized into kits - draw patterns, etc. so that all is ready to tackle each one.

Need to start gluing goody bags together - and taping wings onto the Snitches. Lots to do!

Plus I am hosting Art Smart at DS's school next Friday and need to precut tessellation peices for the kids to trace...

SO MANY IDEAS!!!! Cards to make, tags to make, Valentines class treats, Easter class treats, birthdays coming up - I need one of those time turners from Harry Potter!!! LOL

Reactions: luludou and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I really, really need to go through my craft supplies and resort and organize everything to take stock of what I have.

BUT instead I have jumped feet first into a whole host of projects! :rolleyes:

I resemble that remark! We'll see what today brings.

Although I injured my arm on our trip, so I don't know how much it will hinder my progress. I have a doctor appointment this afternoon which will probably just lead to a referral. I'm pretty sure I have a rotator cuff injury.

I'd like to add my thanks to Lana and all the participants here. It is fun to share my love of crafting and Christmas prep with the friends I've made here.

I think I've caught up on my blog posts, including pictures of the Dirndl if you are interested.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think I've caught up on my blog posts, including pictures of the Dirndl if you are interested.
DD, the Dirndl is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for posting a photo of it.

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thank you Katrina and Lana! It's great to be able to keep track of my crafts on a blog, complete with pictures and the ability to share online.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Off tothe mall today with craft supplies list in hand. I wonder if I will have much luck. I am looking for old fashioned plain wooden coat hangers so that I can knit some decorative covers, some Christmas fabric and some wool.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Going to pick up a couple of sewing machine presser feet using gift certificate and coupon. Then I will stop at Hobby Lobby to pick up a couple of DMC colors needed to finish the CCS November cat. Then home to relax and veg (dealing with the cold DH shared with me). Hair appointment later this afternoon. I skipped Stitched Together meeting today.

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up some more crafting supplies...

Glued together first of 24 Harry Potter goody bags for the party - turned out cute!

"Crafted" a digital photo album on Snapfish for a trip we took to Indy this past summer - excited to see it when it arrives!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Working on my to do pile. Have 2 things finished and pitched some other stuff. I think I’ll be pitching more. Feeling good about getting stuff done.
Dahlia, the dirndl is so pretty!