Crafters Challenge December 6th----December 12th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
A couple more weeks and this years Crafters Challenge will be over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knocked alot out this week and then this afternoon Teigan and I did the lotion, salt, reindeer feed. The feed I have to print the sayings out and attach them and bags are over 3/4th done.

I still have:

kitchen boas

few jar openers that my friend would like me to make for her couple of kids

a few pillows from towels and placemats

Not much left on my list to do.

MM, cute salt shakers!

What is everyone planning on working on this week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I started over on a placemat and have that to finish and wrap. May go out of town next week so should get going on that maybe tomorrow. I need to clean house now that I think I am done decorating. My mood still changes a lot.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I made some good headway last week.

Left for Christmas and Valentin's BD (the day after Chrstmas) are:

• Sock monkey (or knit car toy) for Valentin
  • Frozen II shawl for Julia (waiting for embroidery machine back from service)
  • Growth chart for Valentin's BD
  • CCS ornament for Kathy

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lana, I think we do overlook ourselves. I wonder if sometimes if that’s why I lose my desire to work (actually play for me) on projects.

I finished cutting the fabric for the body of my quilt this morning. Going to make flying geese this after noon. I have an idea for a border but will figure it out later.

Yesterday I put together a ornament for my husband. Nothing fancy, I still had the little sweater Sebastian wore when he had his feeding tube. I put it in a clear plastic ornament and put his name on it. Husband will be happy and I don’t have to keep moving that sweater around any more. Just have to find room on the tree for it lol.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
DS told me he likes presents instead of $$. He likes the excitement of unwrapping and opening. I told him good because that's what is going to happen in 2021. Several years ago he gave me supplies and instructions for a sock monkey. It's time to make it and give it to his baby.

Today I'm going to crochet a tiny gingerbread man out of embroidery floss. Why? That's a good question...I don't know. I will need my bifocals, lighted magnifier, and lots of pain meds for my poor old arthritic fingers.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
This gingerbread man is killing me. Achy stiff fingers and now eyestrain. I had to take apart the head once because I couldn't get the eye shanks inserted, but now the head (with eyes) and body are completed. Legs, arms, and frosting cap are left to make and attach. He's going to be so cute!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Deb ~ If the gingerbread man is making you ache, at least he will be cute! Dental floss?!

The Sock Monkey is nearly done (just need to sew on the ear, hat and scarf); the Frozen II shawl is well underway, as is the growth chart. Still lots to do to finish up those last two projects though. There will be quite a bit of sitting hand work to do, cutting jump stitches and stabilizer on the shawl and burying quilting threads on the growth chart. I really, really, really want to have the shawl finished by Tuesday so we will be able to wrap and mail it! That's going to take some doin'!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Greetings!

Deb ~ If the gingerbread man is making you ache, at least he will be cute! Dental floss?!

The Sock Monkey is nearly done (just need to sew on the ear, hat and scarf); the Frozen II shawl is well underway, as is the growth chart. Still lots to do to finish up those last two projects though. There will be quite a bit of sitting hand work to do, cutting jump stitches and stabilizer on the shawl and burying quilting threads on the growth chart. I really, really, really want to have the shawl finished by Tuesday so we will be able to wrap and mail it! That's going to take some doin'!
Nope. Embroidery floss. The pattern calls for some type of German yarn, but I haven't been able to find comparable yarn here in the gingerbread color I want. So, floss it is.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Nope. Embroidery floss. The pattern calls for some type of German yarn, but I haven't been able to find comparable yarn here in the gingerbread color I want. So, floss it is.
Oh, of course!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul