Crafters Challenge Feb. 24th-March 2nd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to Another Week and a NEW month at the end of this weeks challenge!!!!

Can you believe that 2 months will be down! About 304 days to Christmas--could be off 1 or 2!

I didn't do much in the way of new crafting last week.

Repaired some stuff, went thru my stash and got more scraps out for my daughter to have for her crazy quilt--------THATS IT!!!!! I could not find my camera and as typing this I just remembered I put it in the bag that I took to Jaymees on Monday to take pictures of her blocks and we didn't mess with it so camera is still in bag----its there. :) :) :)

Anyhoo, I am hoping this week to sew some and then make some head way in the sewing room organizing fabric.

On pinterest yesterday I saw a where you buy the plastic tubing cut it about 1/4" piece and put around your bobbin to keep thread in place. Did my few bobbins last night and they look so nice. I had to get the tubing 3/8" outside and 1/2" inside. Called for 3/4" outside. I got 10' for $4 something. Couldn't get this size by the foot. Think I will be doing some for my sewing friends too. Will get a picture on my blog after posting here and the daily thread.

What are your plans for this week crafting???

Glad to see some new ones posting. Missing some of the old posters.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana can't wait to see that bobbin thingy.

I started a new mandala last night. I plan on working on my Rday craft on Rudy day too (it'll probably be a drawing but I'ce got lots of nice Christmas card pieces that could be used for art too. Also want to continue working on my Christmas tags.

If dh finishes cutting up my wood pieces I want to start painting & start my 2013 ornaments for my friends.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Love that bobbin idea.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've promised myself to finish up half done projects before I start any new ones...

I have a knit hat to finish and a pair of mitts - at least I'm on the second mitt

I printed out some pictures for possibly framing and I want to try out some new colors for altered clipboards.

Should bet me through the week:)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have appliqués 3 baby bibs so I am happy with that. The crocheted rugs are still on the go, I pick it up whenever I have 5 minutes to spare.

Sewing class last night was frustrating as the teacher was really busy with other students and I did not get much done on my own project. Hope to get some done this week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Debbie, that is a good thing I should follow! Do the stuff started!

Katrina, sorry class wasn't as fun. The first quilting class I took the teacher stayed up front with people she knew and they quilted together at the hospital and alot of them had long arms and quilted for people and they were in the beginners class. After that took one in another town and loved her. Still need more classes!!

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Hope to cut out and sew an apron and make a craft list today. I'm working on a lapghan and knitting squares for another afghan. Not starting anything else until these are done. :)jy

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cutting tags out of old file folders tonight. I'll glue pieces of old Christmas cards on these

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Katrina---I had a very similar experience at what was supposed to be a beginners' quilting class. To this day I'm still just an admirer of quilts. LOL Maybe I'll get up the nerve and try again sometime (with a different teacher).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have to do some sewing homework this week for Monday. Maybe on Monday I need to be a bit more pushy, but it is really not my style.
Have started decorating for Easter today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, I need to ruche a panel for in the middle of my bag and I also need to sew the two shoulder straps. Hopefully I will put the thing together on Monday.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Finished the hat and HATE it so I will rip it out and use the yarn for something better.

I framed another photo at the base frame shop -it looks great - of course that is for ME:)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Debbie, sorry you didn't like the hat!

You can do it Katrina!

I have heard people talking of a new yarn like fish net to make scarfs from!?! The stores here they say can't keep it in stock. Think I have see it but not sure. A customer is suppose to bring in a scarf that she is doing for her sisters birthday.

So proud of you ladies moving along!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks for the encouragement Lana. Once I have finished the bag and I have an idea of how to do it, I know I will be able to replicate it. Everyone I know may be getting handmade totes for Christmas lol