Crafter's Challenge February 12th-18th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Can you believe that the 2nd month is half over!!!

Some people I see are already wrapping items for Christmas----that is great planning!!!

What are all my talented friends going to make this week? Can't wait to hear and see.

Rose I looked over your blog--cute items!

Happy Happy Crafting this week!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes, @Rose94 , I enjoyed looking over your BLOG! :)

I will continue the green Axl cat mat. I have some rat bookmarks to make for Etsy. I want to start looking for crochet ideas for Christmas for DD, DNiece, boyfriends, sister, DH, DS ..... friends, grandparents ... you know, everyone!! :)

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Halfway through February??? It’s going to be July before we know it!
This batch of ornaments are finished. I added a few more embellishments when I was doing the hangers. I decided I want to make another one for our pastor friend. It will be a picture of his church. Will have to put together an or order to get the photos printed.
Another busy week here not sure what I’ll get done. Right now I’m reorganizing my ornament supplies.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I had planned to go to Open Sew today with Kathy. She's not feeling well, so cancelled. That's just as well as I need to make a birthday gift for Julia and that's best done at home.

I'll be working this week on some CCS (including a schedule to complete motifs for cards), perhaps a new knitting project, the above BD gift, and who knows what else. :)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I am hoping to finish DS's 40th birthday album this week.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Did a drawing tutorial yesterday, a man's face. was fun.. on youtube
Our library has teamed up with creativebug for free classes and they have drawing ones. Was thinking next time youngest DGS is here we would take one together. He loves to draw/paint etc.

Was trying to take part in a stash buster quilt challenge but after making seven blocks and none of them turning out right I gave up. At least it was using scraps from other quilts so no fabric was purchase. They have the challenge every year using a different pattern each year so I will try again next year.

So this afternoon in their place I worked on some tuck ins for a card exchange I am in. Ran out of an item needed so I ordered more online for pickup. DH will pick it up on his way home from work, saving me from having to go across town.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Stopped at Michael's on my way home from book club and picked up some small skeins of cotton yarn to make some shamrock coasters. Also picked up additional yarn to try a shamrock "corner to corner" square. DSis#3 loves C2C and it seems to go quickly (for her), and I found a shamrock C2C pattern -- but not sure what it's for, just the square. Thought I'd try it to see how large it is, since there are no other instructions, no yarn or hook size, just the C2C pattern. Perhaps it will become a trivit or pot-holder, who knows.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Lori the finished size of square will depend on the yarn. The thicker the yarn the bigger the square.As for hook size I would go with the label suggestion or the next size down.

Been doing a little knitting and a little bit of paper crafting.
Thanks you. The only thing I have to go by is the grid pattern. WIth the yarn and hook size I'm using, I'm guessing 1" per square -- but that's a guess. This is all I have to go on ...

1676637788542.png

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Found this ....

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Nice ideas for shamrocks!

I made two Christmas cards yesterday and selected CCS motifs for upcoming greeting cards. I didn't do any CCS in the evening, though. Instead I started adding 2022 craft posts to my blog. I'm so far behind. That makes it very difficult to find pictures that I know I took ... just where are they? Some were on my old phone which didn't transfer well to my new phone. Some are right where they belong. Others, who knows where! Lesson learned to not get this far behind.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Today I got a few more projects cut out. DGD Easter dress, a couple doll clothes and some fabric cut to size to make some cord wrappers from scraps of fabric. Have been using elastics to wrap around the charger cords when we travel but they keep breaking so we decided that we need something better.

Also got a few more rows knitted and am almost finished the tuck in’s
I plan to water colour parts of the March cards fronts so those parts have been stamped—want to make sure the ink is good and dry before painting.
I need to check and see if I have the seam binding, buttons, ribbon and Velcro needed for the doll clothes.
I have also purchased my ticket to scrapfest being held here in town in April.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Reactions: Lori K