Crafters Challenge February 13th---February 19th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Second month almost halfway gone!!!!

My plan is still cleaning. Would like to find material and try to make Teigan a pair of leggings to see if she likes. Will have to try to get to Hobby Lobby for knit or something.

What are you planning to work on this week????

Happy Crafting my friends!!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I decided tonight I need some type of system to keep track of my projects. So I think I'm going to jump in here, if ya'll don't mind, and see if it helps. I"m also looking at some project sheets to keep track and get my shopping list in order. I'm just feeling all over the place these days and not getting anything productive done.
I have several things I need to get done this month to contribute to my granddaughters 1st birthday and also a few small gifts I want to make. I'm going to list them and work on getting all the supplies by Thursday so I can work on them next weekend.

1. Sew 2 fabric books
2. pom pom hair clips
3. Mickey mouse club shirt and skirt
4. Cake topper

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I decided tonight I need some type of system to keep track of my projects. So I think I'm going to jump in here, if ya'll don't mind, and see if it helps. I"m also looking at some project sheets to keep track and get my shopping list in order. I'm just feeling all over the place these days and not getting anything productive done.
I have several things I need to get done this month to contribute to my granddaughters 1st birthday and also a few small gifts I want to make. I'm going to list them and work on getting all the supplies by Thursday so I can work on them next weekend.

1. Sew 2 fabric books
2. pom pom hair clips
3. Mickey mouse club shirt and skirt
4. Cake topper
Happy 1st birthday to your GD!! Fun!

I think The Minimal Mom has some good stuff on menu/grocery lists ... https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMinimalMom/search?query=menu

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Michelle ~ Nice to have you here. I keep a master craft-schedule that has family birthdays, anniversaries and holidays that I may want to make cards, gifts and/or decorations for. Then I can add in other special events like weddings, new babies, etc. This is a word document on my computer so very easily updated. When I have an idea for a gift, I list it. When I have made the item, I check it off (and maybe if made enough ahead of time, I note where I put it ... learned from experience ... hahaha). At the end of it, I also list UFOs, PIGS, Brain Bunnies, etc.

This week's primary goals are:
  • Craftermath Control (Company coming, so it would be nice if it's picked up a little.)
  • Mermaid Tail Afghan and BD card for Julia (finish/wrap/mail)
  • Next knitting project ... TBD (I do have a UFO afghan for myself that I could get back to.)
  • Check craft schedule for any studio or other projects coming up

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Rose, that is a wonderful calendar page. I have printed it off in the hopes that it will get me more organised.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ I have a list of birthdays by month etc that I keep in my Christmas/craft notebook. Than in my daily planner I have a pocket with a card for crafting needing to be done by month. Example in February get March cards done.
From there I use the calendar to plan my crafting out week by week. I also list on my monthly cards a craft I would like to work on if time.

It sure is a cute calendar and I have found the tips very helpful. Has really kept me on track

As I look at my craft room I have found a few more changes I wish to make to it over the next couple weeks. Will need DH help with moving the bookcase.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Your crafting organizational system sounds great!

I have Julia's BD gift (mermaid tail afghan) and card (mermaid decoupage) done. Now to get them beautifully wrapped and in the mail.

Today I need to do some significant craftermath control. I got a bit done yesterday. Friends are coming this afternoon for dessert, and another friend is coming tomorrow to spend the night and ski with me on Wednesday. So the next three days are full. I want to have a knitting project to work on while visiting with my overnight guest, so I'll probably get out my UFO afghan. I also need to spend some time figuring out how I want to add the birth record details to the CCS and get that project finished up. And next, to kit up some CCS watercolor floral charts that I'm anxious to start on. Ah! The list goes on!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished stitching up the ornament I was working on.
CIJ exchange ornaments are done along with the extras for the hair, nail and massage people.
My back is screwed up again so I’ve been off my feet. I’m anxious to get back to my Easter quilt. In the mean time I have another ornament kit I can stitch up.
I like that calendar page. I have to start long before October for making gifts other wise I’ll have a panic attack lol.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I finished the hat!

In investigating my UFO's I found a finished scarf that just needs to be blocked, wristlets that just need thumbs and a 3/4 finished cowl. There were several items where I did not know what they were so I ripped them out. Still working on photographing my yarn. Just the sock/fingering yarn is left but that is the largest group.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Myron's Mom ~ Sorry your back is acting up. Is your Easter quilt for yourself? Bed or lap quiilt?

Debbie ~ You've got a nice stash of UFOs to work on!

I spent some time yesterday knitting on my own UFO afghan as well as charting out the finishing lettering and border for the CCS birth record.

I hope to get some quality studio time in today.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Greetings!

Myron's Mom ~ Sorry your back is acting up. Is your Easter quilt for yourself? Bed or lap quiilt?

Debbie ~ You've got a nice stash of UFOs to work on!

I spent some time yesterday knitting on my own UFO afghan as well as charting out the finishing lettering and border for the CCS birth record.

I hope to get some quality studio time in today.
Right now I’m working on Joy and Delight by Robin Pickens. It’s 83x83. Her pattern shows Christmas fabric but it’s perfect for my Easter fabric. The left overs will go into the Springville pattern quilt. It’s similar to the winterville quilts I did for Christmas 2 years ago. It’s bed size. And what ever is left after that will be a scrappy topper for the window seat in the living room. All for me lol! Finished cutting out Joy and Delight yesterday.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ That's a pretty pattern. Quite complicated, and the border looks frightening! LOL