Crafter's Challenge February 20th-----February 26th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello My Friends!!!!

Teigan is here and wanted to sew. I have 3 sets of fat quarters that I washed and dried and then her and I ironed them. Grandpa and her were tracing the blocks, then her and I wound the bobbin on her machine. Then she wanted to paint nails--LOL!!! She is getting there--slowly so won't push her. Wants to do a quilt for herself. She decided just squares together. Showed her the squares and then the squares in a 4 patch with sashing between and she decided the squares. I know we will have to get more fat quaters. They are batiks so might get some solids to put a square in between the colored ones. Will be slow work but so excited she is wanting to!!!!!!!!!!

What are your plans for the weeK?

Happy Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Lana, that is so wonderful! Too bad I never wanted to learn to sew as my mom would have been the best teacher. But she did teach me to knit and crochet and gave me a love of crafting.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Excited for everyone's projects! I started DD29's Duster Vest for her April b-day!

IMG_3269.JPG

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Very pretty, Jampss!

I worked on some IFAQH hearts today and also got a start on the lettering for the birth record. I must finish that thing!

I'll be going to an Open Sew on Tuesday with Kathy, so I need to decide what project to take and get it gathered up.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finished one panel of the vest! Yippeeeee!!

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I haven't used my sewing machine in 2 years and then it was quilting I taught myself. Today I finished 2 soft fabric books and a skirt for my granddaughters 1st birthday. It's far from perfect and basic, but I'm excited for my 1st attempt. View attachment 20220221_214638.jpg

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, so glad that Miss T is interested in crafting.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Michelle ~ It's such a darling outfit! She will look precious in it.

Lana ~ I love to craft with my grandchildren. I'm always looking for things we can do together and also for things DH can do with them. Someone at my sewing group brought a little rocking chair that was made with clothespins. I took pictures, and DH and I are going to make one and have the materials ready for him to make some with the grands.

I had a great crafting day yesterday. Kathy and I went to Ben Franklin where I found some fabrics for pillowcase and quilted wall hanging projects. Then we went to Open Sew and I made some progress on a Mardi Gras table topper (for me). Then we shopped at the quilt shop, and I found fabrics for another quilt which I'd like to make for my family room (winter-theme).

Today I want to work a little more on the table topper (finish it to the point that I need my embroidery machine back from repair). I can use it without the embroidery though. I'd also like to finish up the three IFAQH hearts that I've started.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm finally stitching again on the CCS birth record. I SO want to get it finished.

I'm hoping to finish up a Mardi Gras table topper today. I borrowed my old embroidery machine back from a friend.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Will finish the quilt top today. The inner border with the stars (or flakes) is so fiddley. Little pieces drives me nuts. I’m thinking I should have used a different color but I am not picking it apart.

Michelle, that’s a cute little outfit!
Jampss, please post a pic when you are done. It looks so pretty.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've been foiled again with the embroidery machine. The one I borrowed back from my friend didn't have the hoop with it, and the hoop I have, although it's the same brand of machine, doesn't have the same connections, so I can't use it. I had to order a set of hoops (only one of which I can use). It should arrive today.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Got another sewing project done today. Fabric for three more washed and fabrics pulled for two more.
Also made another pillowcase for a quilt top made as I finally sat down and sewn the names onto the pillowcases and realize I was short one. Pulled the quilt top out and there was the fabric for it—cut and ready to go