Crafters Challenge February 21st-----February 27th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Almost 2 months down!

I was quite happy with the items I got done this past week.

This week I really need to clean and do some paper work so not sure if any crafting will be done or not.

What is on your crafting list for the week??????????????????????????

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ I have some paperwork calling, also. I'm pretending I can't hear and it's kind of hidden away.

I need to finish another set of calendar hangers this week (my weekly self-challenge). Other things I hope to work on are:

• St. Patrick's Day wall hanging
  • Entry bench cover
  • CCS motif(s) for Easter card(s)
  • Brainstorm crafts to do with Iris next week (gather supplies)
  • Brainstorm wedding gifts

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Good morning. Ha! I always have paperwork! And most days I try the hide and seek method of avoiding it.

I got the baby blanket knitted up and have a few weeks to finish before I send it off. And that's really all I got done. Our ice storm turned into quite the week with several inches of snow and temps at 5 degrees-not the norm for Tennessee. My goats kidded and it was a hard week for it. And one of my does had hers coming breach-not something I've done before-but they're all doing well now. It's supposed to be warm this next week so I'm hoping to get back into my craft room and get started again.

I need to head to church. Have a lovely day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A quiet crafting week here, will be busy with other things. Have made a bit of a start decluttering the craft room so I am happy with that.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cleaning and purging here still for a few more days.
3 of the 15 quart totes I store my fabric in are full of fabric to go out the door to my friends!!!!!! Plus a big pile on the sunroom floor ( was resting my back and sorting). And another bag for my cousin. Today will be my specialty fabrics and I already see a few things that need to go. Feeling good about how things are going.
Have a great week everyone!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DD28 would like some gifts she wants to give out. Harry Potter mitts and a very colorful squished rat bookmark. For fun, I was also trying out a tulip dishcloth from a pattern I bought from Etsy.

B66C17CB-366F-4B7E-A238-60456B7B16AE.jpeg

5E334551-C767-4EFA-8FCE-D5D8566B6ED9.jpeg

16CD31BD-7FC5-4B0F-9885-88F8A512E45C.jpeg

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ Good for you for purging. I did a tiny bit the other day (not a true purge) ... I'm not good at it!

Jampss ~ Great projects you've got going.

I did finish this week's calendar hangers (July). I might try to do August's this week as well. Iris will be here next week, so not sure I'll have the opportunity to do any then. She and I have other projects planned that will utilize the embroidery machine. Although I only use the embroidery machine for a small part of the hangers. Then I use the sewing machine and a little hand stitching the turning opening closed.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been mostly working on cards. But I did finish 2 more chapstick holders and have one more ready to sew up. I finished 4 of this Easter card:

https://flic.kr/p/2kEoR33
And also this birthday shaker card. First shaker card I've done like this and I learned a lot!

https://flic.kr/p/2kEoR5N
And I made 3 of this type of birthday card - photo shows front and the inside:

https://flic.kr/p/2kEoPY8
I've gotten all items for 7 more cards in various styles cut out and ready to assemble. Almost through my list of cards to make for the coming year!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I took a One Minute Pause (well, maybe 15 minutes) to turn on some quiet relaxing instrumental praise music and .... colored!! :)

I am almost done with it ....

05B36E36-6F90-4860-8D13-CAF23445AB52.jpeg

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What wonderful work is being done at the moment. Beautiful.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Such pretty things everybody!
I finally finished cleaning my room. 5 large bags total of fabric out the door! And I have still have plenty to play with. And I’m embarrassed that I had that much to get rid of. I have fabric issues.
I’ve recovered my ironing board ( boy did that change the look of my room), made coasters, so I’m not setting my coffee cup on my cutting boards or my cabinets and a topper for my thread cabinet. I’m working on a fun scarf for me right now.
I have fabric for sewing machine covers (that I forgot I had, I wonder why!). I have a pattern for my one machine but need to make some adjustments so it sets nice on my machine with the ‘sew steady’ table in place. Has anybody seen any patterns that accommodates those extensions? Still looking for a pattern for the other machine.
Have a great weekend everyone.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My craftroom has been a catch all. Now that DD room is unused I am storing a few more things in there which is freeing up some more room. Once I have finished DrillDance I will free up a bit more space as I store things in there. Will be a few more weeks yet but will be nice to have it all finished.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
I've gotten very little done in the crafting dept myself this week. Did a very little work on the ornaments for the swap and decorated a couple of tee shirts for 100 days of school. Otherwise, it was time spent trying to get the craft room organized.

Oh, and I finally tackled some of that paperwork. You guys inspired me!

I love the things you guys have made this week. So pretty! Rose, I love the ornaments you made your daughter. I'd love to know how you made them.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Thank you, Rose. I'll check it out.
Lana, paperwork is the bane of my existence. I try to do a lot electronically but it still adds up around here.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Sorry. I meant jampss. I'll have to check out your link, thank you. I definitely need some help in this area.