Crafter's Challenge February 27th----March March 5th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
This isn't exactly crafting, but my big focus is making three birthday cakes this week and creating the toppers that will go on top of them. Alot of that will be done with my cricut. I'll also be cutting out vinyl for shirts that my daughter wants to make for the birthday party. I'm also bringing St. Patrick's Day material with me to create the same type of skirt as I did for the Mickey Mouse Club skirt and I'll make a shamrock shirt to go with it. I didn't get as many pom poms made as I wanted, so I'm taking yarn with me to work on as well while i'm there and make Reagan some hair clips. She's old enough to pull off all her bow headbands, so everything needs to be clipped down now. I think my daughter will like them. They're super cheap to make using dollar tree yarn.

I will say, writing everything down on paper, using the project planning sheets, helped a ton!!!! I'm still working on everything on those sheets, but anything that comes to mind, I'll be writing down.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Thanks for starting this week's thread. I always look forward to a fresh start!

Michelle ~ That sounds like a lot of crafting. How long will you be there?

I did get the embroidery hoop I need to do the embroidery on the Mardi Gras table topper. I hope to get it finished today. Also, I'm spitting-close to finishing up the CCS birth record (for the 3 year old LOL). And I'll see what else pops up this week.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finished just now the second panel of the vest I'm crocheting for DD!!! I will sew up the back and sew up the sides that will have arm hole openings this week.

Reactions: Lana

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
As part of my decluttering I am decluttering some knitting books.

Luxury Yarns One Skein Wonders
101 designer one skein wonders
Sock yarn one skein wonders
Sock Yarn studio and
Simple socks, plain and fancy

If interested please PM me.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Debbie ~ Those books all sound interesting to me, but I'm going to have to pass on your offer. I appreciate your checking here first!

I did get the Mardi Gras table topper done, although it was kind of like a Murphy's Law process. I like the end result!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Some more knitting and a good tidy up of the fabric. I sorted it out a bit better than it had been before putting it back in the bins. Was hoping as I sorted it that I might still find that I had backing to a quilt top but no luck. Fabric that was left over from pass projects I knew I would not use for other projects is ready to be dropped off.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finished DD29's crochet vest ... I need to finish by buying some beads that will go on the front ties. Then ... I will take a picture! I have yarn leftover ... and so ... I'm making me a vest!!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am a little behind on crafting at the moment. Would like to come up with a plan for what I need to do over the cold Winter months and get moving on those items.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Joy and delight quilt top is done. Started sorting fabric for Springville quilt. I’m thinking a few of the fabrics will get lost in the background so I’ll see what I can find when I go out next week.

In the meantime I’m working on a quilted bag for my husband. I have a few other projects that need finished too.

Played with my industrial machine today. I think we finally have it all set the way I want it. I had to call Peter (the sewing machine guy) could not remember how to get the needle to stop in the down position. There is an instruction book but it’s more on how to put the machine together and not how to use it. I did have fun playing!