Crafter's Challenge February 6th----February 12th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Howdy! Howdy!

Well, This week I think I have the swap items figured out that I will do for a couple places. Our CIJ and then the 12 Days of Christmas one. I have alot of the stuff and the other stuff I have on my Amazon list. I need a smaller sewing item. Have 2 picked out to choose from but still searching to see what I can find.

Teigan and I will do Jaymee a Valentine yet. Will be a big heart and then a smaller heart and then have her thumbprint in paint and will say Thumbbody loves you! You make a person out of the thumb prints. Wishing (I do in my craft stuff in garage somewhere.) I had a white paper doily to put behind it.

Alot of you seemed to have gotten stuff done----WTG!!!!

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
This week I am going to look for some craft supplies I need and finalize the list of the 24 countdown stocking stuffers for Dgds for 2022 Christmas.
I also need to finalize the CIJ ornament. I've had one picked out but just may change my mind. There are so many good ideas out there.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I hope to make good progress on the second Mermaid Tail Afghan as we are still on our ski trip. Once home again (travelling Wednesday), I need to decide where to take my embroidery machine for repair, finish up the birth record, kit my next CCS project (watercolor florals for myself), and get to work on one or more of my studio projects (BOMs from 2021, Christmas tree skirt (for gift), at least one more IFAQH hearts, lake loft quilts, chenille wall hanging, etc. etc. ad nauseam ...)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Still cataloging my yarn.

I also plan to identify all my knit/crochet UFO's and make plans to finish them.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I'm working on pet mats to donate to shelter.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My Thursday Crochet Day with my friend and her daughter was fun and the daughter gave me a purple crocheted dish cloth she made me with that scrubby yarn! I was so touched. :) I'm now making her a Unicorn Bookmark. :)

Bless her heart ... I have "tried" that scrubby yarn ... didn't like it! LOL

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I finally got my embroidery machine into the shop. I'm taking it to a different place. I actually got to talk to the service repair person who seems confident that he can repair the problem. He's a very nice man, and seemed to be proud of his service. That's a very good sign. He usually can get repairs done in a few days, but most likely needs to order a part for mine, so he estimated a week. With deliveries and availability of items these days, I hope there isn't an additional time delay.

Got some knitting time in and a bit of Craftermath Control.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My Thursday Crochet Day with my friend and her daughter was fun and the daughter gave me a purple crocheted dish cloth she made me with that scrubby yarn! I was so touched. :) I'm now making her a Unicorn Bookmark. :)

Bless her heart ... I have "tried" that scrubby yarn ... didn't like it! LOL
Scrubby yarn I have found is Good for face, dishes (not so much pans) and bathtubs. You are certainly a blessing to her at the Crochet Days. She will reminder this time forever.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I believe I found about 6 UFO's. Working on a knit hat now.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Everyone seems to have their own favorites for washing dishes, faces, bodies, etc. DD has introduced me to the Swedish dishcloths. I use those as well as my own cotton knit ones.

I'm just about down to the wire on the mermaid tail afghan. I need to get it in the mail by midweek next week. I-think-I-can; I-think-I-can! I really think I can finish it tomorrow while watching the Superbowl game. Then I have a plan to make a quick mermaid decoupage card. I've found a cute, free clipart picture to use.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Here’s the cute dish cloth that my little friend made me …
E318D5C6-2582-4906-AD82-55704909BDDB.jpeg

I made her a unicorn bookmark …
BB456923-7A26-4DD5-AD9D-28C78B61384B.jpeg