Crafters Challenge February 7th-February 13th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Fellow Crafters!!!!

Today I did buy items to make 2 Easter wreaths for friends and a couple more towels to make kitchen boas. Now I hope to get them done and out by end of February. With the mail the way it is, need them done now to send out!!!!!!

I do believe I have the ornament picked out for CIJ swap and also the items I will do for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap.

Teigan and I started the vanilla today. Have 2 bottles of vodka with the vanilla beans in them. Now to shake daily and keep in a dark place.

What are your plans for the week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
For some reason had no time to craft last week. Am hoping to get teddies arms finished this week.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I am making steady progress on some of my crafts. I finished a Valentine card today that I need to get mailed tomorrow and also package up and mail candy to DD’s families.

I’m in the process of the final piecing of blocks for the Valentine wall hanging as well as one of the February BOMs. The BOM has been a battle with Murhpy’s Law, but I think I’m winning. The Valentine wall hanging is going together nicely (so far).

Tomorrow I want to evaluate a wall hanging gift for DD’s April birthday to determine if I need to purchase additional fabric for the sashing and borders or if I have enough of the fabric I would prefer to use. Kathy and I have an appointment to shop at a local craft/fabric store on Tuesday, so I need to know what I’m looking for while there.

And still knitting on an afghan.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ You have some good plans.

Rose ~ You are accomplishing great things! You're making me want to get back to sock knitting. Are yours for yourself? Have you been able to do a fit test?

It's been a busy day. Went to a fabric/craft store in Seattle where we had to have an appointment. I found a few fabrics for the BOM, the calendar motifs and the wall hanging for DD's birthday. I brainstormed the finishing of the Valentine wall hanging with Kathy, so I have a plan. I need to get more of a couple of the fabrics for border, binding and backing. I didn't buy the fabrics very long ago, so I'm hoping they will have more. I can stopy by tomorrow to see. I've also made a tentative plan for the quilting. Dare I hope that I could have it finished by Valentine's Day?!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Rose ~ You are accomplishing great things! You're making me want to get back to sock knitting. Are yours for yourself? Have you been able to do a fit test?

Yes they are for me and yes I have done the fit test. Using the two circular needles to knit them makes it easy to try them on.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm doing a happy dance! I got the Valentine wall hanging finished. DH will get me a dowel this morning so I can hang it. I stopped by Ben Franklin yesterday to get just a bit more of the fabric I needed for the border, binding and backing. I couldn't find the blue batik for border and binding and was just about panicked that it was all sold. I showed the clerk the piece of fabric I had, and she walked over to the batiks and picked it right out! I was so relieved! I struggled a bit with finishing the binding and hanging loops because I was a little tired (got them upside down the first time), but so determined that I did finally finish it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished one of teddies arms yesterday, one more to go and then put him together. Have restrained myself from spending too much time on Pinterest, too tempting.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Have restrained myself from spending too much time on Pinterest, too tempting.

~Katrina~

That is hard to do! Always tell Allen look at all these great ideals and then I save them and NEVER get to them! Or I do VERY few---no time when looking for new ideals!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
29928238-DD57-4320-BA1B-79603C1521EC.jpegB420BE20-D803-4F91-A0D2-9571EF5ECE86.jpeg6DD4BF46-FAC1-45DB-8B4F-D7056BE2D4DF.jpeg270BF6FE-FD23-438E-AFC6-9541FD0212AA.jpeg
My DD28 sent me a pic of the throw I made her and mailed to VT for her redone new quiet de-cluttered study area!

Then I started a meandering paw print scarf and a tulip dishcloth.

I also started back doing some coloring.

And finally ... I finished a squished unicorn bookmark.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Jampss ~ Oh, your DD's study area may be too "cozy" for studying. I'd end up napping!

Rose ~ You're still going strong!

We've got a busy week planned, including a two-day mini ski trip during which I can get some knitting accomplished. I need to finish a BD card for Julia today so I can mail it tomorrow, maybe the June calendar hangings and then (hope springs eternal) a quilt label. I've got a CCS chart kitted for an Easter card that could get started this week. I'll need some lap work on Tuesday to take to Kathy's house. We plan to watch a quilt documentary DVD (or at least part of it) ... knitting and/or CCS.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Sounds like a pretty productive week for everyone!
I haven’t done a lot here. My vertigo is hanging around.
I did get some progress on my husbands quilt. Have a stack of blocks to trim up.
CIJ ornaments are finished depending on how many more sign up. Working on wrapping now.
I finished the last 2 kits I put together to make “ornament girl” ornaments. I had put all the supplies together back in November.
Looking forward to being “snowed in” this coming week so I can play.

Attachments

• D5230A00-F890-47EC-9CFA-4BB334D5E5CF.jpeg
    D5230A00-F890-47EC-9CFA-4BB334D5E5CF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7