Crafters Challenge Jan. 23~Jan. 29

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

I've been lurking around and am tempted to join you here.

Just have to ask . . . Lana . . . What are the Bubble Lights? Can you show them?

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I'm in! Right now I"m working on my wolf cross stitch & nothing else until it gets done... oh wait...I have to finish my DB pilow 1st then the cross stitch......

HAGN
Tina

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Just got on to check the postings and so HAPPY to see some new (old) friends posting!!!!

Cindasnow, are the pillow pets like the ones that were really a hot item for Christmas this year? Would love to see them on your blog.

MissBrittany, have been wondering how you are feeling? Little Carson will have so many cute blankets made by mommy over the years. J & H pillows for Christmas 2011?

Dahlia Doll, back on that post I have the web site that shows the bubble lights. They are lights that you can put outside or inside. Campers use to hang them out by their campers. That is what my aunt and uncle called them when I was younger and they made them. We use them for Christmas decorations. We use multi colored lights. Let me know if you don't see the post.

Supermom315, what type of pillow? The wolf cross stitch will be pretty I bet.

Lucie, can't wait to see the candy canes once you make one.

Ladies keep on crafting!!!!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Love the pics of the lambs and the felt owls, ladies!

Lana, I'm feeling okay. Tired and hungry now. lol! The pillows were for my siblings whose birthdays are this week and next week. I forgot to take pics of them before I gave them away. :( I need to make 3 more by the 5th for nieces and nephews.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
It's just a plain pillow .....made with firefighter material.....all different things they use/do.

When it's done I'm taking a picture of it with the other firefighter pillow I made for him MANY moons ago (that one I cross stitiched & used a kids firefigter material to make the pillow)

The wolf I'm working on I've had for close to 8 yrs now & started it 5 yrs ago when DH was in the hospital..... I'm about 1/3 done because i only worked on it here & there...... it's a brown wolf with a blue wolf over it in a night sky...... it'll go great with teh native american theme I'm trying to do in my living room.

HAGD
Tina

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well, will almost be one month down this time next week!!!!

I am still pondering more to add to my list. Also I am trying to narrow down the items I will make for the swaps that I will join. Seems I get something and then change my mind.

Will just carry over my list. (again~~if I see it all the time, it does help me)

For 2011 I would really like to make alot of the gifts again. I just love to make and give homemade items to people, whether it is food related (mixes, or already made), holiday items or something they can use year round.

I have a mental list started so will list some.

1.) Thread catcher for mom, Miranda, Jaymee and myself (maybe my friend in Iowa)

2.) Snowman pillow Miranda ~~~~~~~~ DONE 1-16 SEWED CLOSURE SEWN 1-17

3.) Bubble Light for my friends in Iowa and mail it to them before Thanksgiving

4.) Coasters--sets of 6 decide who

6.) Have the pattern for the table runner so will decide who I would like to do one for

7.) Need to think of the item I would like to do for the 12 Days of Christmas so if they have it again

8.) Need to get some vanilla beans to start more vanilla for next year

9.) See if Jaymee likes that material for a tree skirt or not for her tree

10.) See if Ryan and Jaymee want me to do them a stocking for their house or get their own ( I think his aunt got them stocking kits to decorate them one~maybe)

11.) Quilted Scarf make one for myself and decide on if any for gifts

12.) Scrunchies for my 2 nieces and a step great niece

13.) Think of the ornament that I will make for co-workers

14.) Think of the ornament I will do for the CIJ Swap here

15.) Will give canned goods and jams (I hope if garden does well so need to think of packaging ideals)

More ideals will come~~but these are ones I am thinking now.

These are the slip covers for the weight thingy we use in the drawer for the drive up that I need to make yet.

1.) winter theme one~~~~~~~~~~~~ DONE 1-2-11 Snowflake material

2.) Valentine's Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~DONE 1-17-11 Hearts

3.) St. Patty's Day

4.) Easter

5.) Spring

6.) 4th of July

Lana ~ I don't see a link here for the bubble lights. Sorry to be a pest. I'm so curious!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sorry for the confusion~it was in the thread back around the first of the year.

Pictures of the bubble light (that is what my great aunt and uncle called them over 20 years ago or so when they made them) can be found here: http://www.sparkleball.com/

Instructions are here:
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf82354075.tip.html

We used multi colors in ours. Allen had a soldering thingy so we just brought a stapler.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Haven't really did anything crafty this week but brought material today.

Got some for bibs and burp rags.

Also got the supplies for the quilt class I signed up for. It will start 1-31 and be 2-7 and 2-14 and be 3 hours each night. It is to be a Cherry Four-Patch 31 x 31. Beginning piecing and beginning applique. Hope I learn something. Getting ready to go wash the material all up now.

Last edited: