Crafters Challenge Jan. 8th-14th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am so HAPPY to see that we have some different posters and also some of our old ones.

AuntJ, that book sounds so cute that you made your son.

You all have such neat ideals to work on.

I was wanting to sew a scarf last night with ladies on the HGTV forum that I mentioned. I got off work early and went and got some fleece .....(and lots more material) but the laptop still wouldn't come up and then we didn't this desktop up until tonight.

So..... need to go over and look at it.

I need to get my vanilla beans ordered and start some vanilla for next Christmas.

Lets keep posting and urging each other on!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I finished the ornament storage box that I was making out of the box dd Christmas boots came in...I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I'll have to try and get a picture tomorrow. I also did some work on the paint chip cards I started making before Christmas. I plan to use these cards for planning our 25 Days activities. Hubby has a train show this weekend; so he has been at the fairgrounds most of the weekend while I have been having a little crafting fun. I hope to get lots more done tomorrow. Oh yeah, I started a winter wreath, too.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I'm still working on the 50 crayon rolls that I started last week. I got side tracked a little. The painter called and has time to paint the room that I sew in, which is also the playroom, tv room and all around everything room. So I had to stop what I was doing and spent a whole day emptying the room out. Then after having everything out I decided it needed new carpet.

Lana, let me know if you make one of those scarves. I read the directions and looked at the picture but got confused with what was being turned inside out. Probable makes more sense when you have the materials in front of you.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Candysprinkles, great going getting something done in 2012! Nice way to make something useful from something that most would throw out.

Carol, I have always thought about the crayon rolls but never made any. I would love to try the scarf later today but will see.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
Again this week, I'm clearing through sewing/crafting totes to get some things out of the house. I've taken separate projects and put them in two gallon ziploc bags. I attached a 3x5 card on the outside of the bag to say what it was, what I needed to finish it, and how long I thought the project would take.

I'm so excited because I found 24 Christmas motif buttons/embellishments I didn't know I had, so I've added them to the bag with the material scraps and Christmas paper scraps that I want to use to make Christmas-motif monogram wood initials for all the family this year. I think it will take two weeks to complete them after I have all the materials. I threw in six Christmas cards from this year that have great borders I can cut down to embellish the initials.

I found 12 clear acrylic balls for making ornaments for $4 (whoo hoo!). So now I'm looking for jingle bells on sale. I think I could finish them in one afternoon, but I think it will probably take one afternoon to make the beaded ornament hangers. So the whole project would be one weekend in the future.

I found a pattern for the tie bookmarks. I think it will take me three nights to take the ties apart, and one night to wash dry and iron them flat. Then one night for cutting and fringing. So that's a week in the future.

I've completed four more quilted Christmas ornaments. I am almost done with the first group. They are my project to work on when I don't have anything else to do at night.

I have a master list of items I need, so I'm looking forward to the fabulous 4-H fabric sale the first weekend in February. Michaels is having a sale, so I'm going there tomorrow to get some ribbon (3/$1) and check out the other stuff.

UPDATE:
A coworker dropped off two boxes of materials for the 4-H sale. I found a yard of red velour to make Santa gift bags. I found a large box of materials for making cards and gift tags. I found three art books for kids. I found a bag of beads and wire that I can use for making Christmas ornaments. So...small score for me today at a whopping cost of $5

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sierra_mtns, sounds like you have alot figured out! I have to get into my craft room!

Lucinda, your list sounds nice and I love seeing that you are making something for yourself!

Way to go everytbody! Can't wait to see what we finish by the end of the week on Saturday!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
We spent most of last week cleaning and decluttering the house. So crafting took a back seat. But this week, I have a cleaned out study/craftroom to use again. I have a LOT of UFOs in ziplocs to work away on, and a long list of projects I want to get done this year. So my plans for this week are:

[] Work on Holly leaves X Stitch (I did finish and gift one, but had started a second)
[] Finish one crayon roll
[] Knit a few rows of lap blanket
[] Make 12 packets of "Snowman soup" for goodie bags for DD's birthday party this Saturday

Start small, and I hope I can see that list cleared off!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
She turned 6 over the Christmas holidays, but given school break, we have her party the weekend after going back to school. DH had a FIT at the thoughts of 6 or 8 little girls making pizza in our house, so we are outsourcing it this year as DD wanted a pizza party - a local kid's cookery school does pizza and cupcakes parties, so we are sending about 12 little girls along there to make lots of mess!! So I am trying to think of suitable things to put into the party bags, without buying a load of cookery equipment that will cost me a bomb.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
How are we all doing this week.

I did make the scarf on Sun. night. Need to make me a checkbook cover. I am still carrying the one with fall leaves on it!

Collecting ideals for gifts for 2012. Have several so should just quit and get started.