Crafters Challenge January 10th---January 16th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Alot of people got started on projects and also have several ideals to get them started on stuff.

I received a couple of items from Amazon needed for the Christmas in July ornaments. Reminds me another package was to deliver today---I better go check the front porch.

What are your plans for this week?

Mine is to still declutter and hopefully start listing some clothes on marketplace.

The CIJ swap is up, if any interest in joining, please check it out.

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be working on the baby cardigan. I have just started the second sleeve.
Still need to get into my craft room at some stage but I have other priorities just now.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Continue with “Rudy January”:
  • Knit ear/neck warmers (2 more to make for friends’ gifts 2021)
  • 2021 Christmas cards
  • Decide on 2021 card tuck-ins
  • Decide on 2021 ornaments for DGC
  • Spray pant small faux tree pots and experiment with lights
  • Decoupage pot for faux ponsetta
  • Christmas table topper for end table (Lil' Twister wreath)
  • Christmas/winter topper for filing cabinet
  • Christmas/winter table runner for kitchen counter
Other:
  • CCS birth record (for Valentin)
  • Machine embroidery finish of CCS owl and cat calendars for Sonja and Julia
  • Complete craft totes and drawers inventory
  • Knit afghan

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Merry Mary ~ Haven't seen you here before. Welcome!
Tell us a little more about your quilt.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Merry Mary

MHH Member
Nov 5, 2020
Arkansas
Hello DahliaDoll and everyone. I've been hand quilting a Civil war diary quilt for awhile. I bought the book for it several years ago after I finished my Farmers Wife quilt. I had a ton of fabric to use up. Thiis quilt is a challenge because it is rather puffy and hard to quilt it. Its so large that I decided to divide it into two separate small quilts. And I'm not too crazy for it. I made a mistake by using a polyester fabric for the latice work that runs between the blocks which frays. I learned my lesson. I used odd fabric choices that I'm not thrilled with. I guess it's all fitting with the theme of the quilt!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome Mary, it is lovely having you with us.
Your quilt sounds wonderful.

Reactions: jampss

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Nice to have you with us!
Hand quilting is such a labor of love! I think I’d be dead long before I finished something hand quilted. Very much a machine quilter here.
I had some of that polyester fabric that was nasty too. I bought because it was the perfect color. It’s in the pile for the thrift shop now.
Would love to see pictures of your quilt.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hello DahliaDoll and everyone. I've been hand quilting a Civil war diary quilt for awhile. I bought the book for it several years ago after I finished my Farmers Wife quilt. I had a ton of fabric to use up. Thiis quilt is a challenge because it is rather puffy and hard to quilt it. Its so large that I decided to divide it into two separate small quilts. And I'm not too crazy for it. I made a mistake by using a polyester fabric for the latice work that runs between the blocks which frays. I learned my lesson. I used odd fabric choices that I'm not thrilled with. I guess it's all fitting with the theme of the quilt!
Sound exactly like a quilt made in the Civil War.

Merry Mary

MHH Member
Nov 5, 2020
Arkansas
Nice to have you with us!
Hand quilting is such a labor of love! I think I’d be dead long before I finished something hand quilted. Very much a machine quilter here.
I had some of that polyester fabric that was nasty too. I bought because it was the perfect color. It’s in the pile for the thrift shop now.
Would love to see pictures of your quilt.
Yes, I was desperate for the perfect shade of civil war gray. If only I wold have waited!! As soon as I finish quilting puff the magic dragon I'll snap a picture to post.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I managed to finish a greeting card and get it in the mail today. Then prepped a couple little faux trees so that DH could spray paint the pots silver. We might add some glitter. I think I’ll use them for winter décor through February. And I also sewed a Studebaker logo on a sweatshirt for DH. Now he has two, one blue and one gray. Did some knitting on the latest ear/neck warmer, too…and it’s early yet. Could get that finished up tonight.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Mary—welcome. Looking forward to seeing a picture of your quilt.

jampas—enjoy you CAL.

Myrons mom. Good luck with the curve seams. I have yet to try a quilt with curve seams.

DJ you are getting lots done

Got a little knitting in and than had to take out a few rows. I dropped a stitch and after a couple attempts to pick it up it just did not look right so I pulled it out and started again. Am starting to not like this yarn. It’s the yarn that I spend hours untangling. It likes to stick to itself—reason for the pickup stitch looking funny.
I do like the colour as it’s hand dyed sock weight yarn. It’s just going to take me longer than I thought to get her done.

I have signed up for a sock knit along that starts January 29th by yarnspirations. Although I have taken a couple sock knitting classes I figured I might pick up another tip or two to help with making them.