Crafters Challenge January 10th---January 16th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Mary, that is beautiful. You have certainly have a talent for quilting! Thank you for sharing your treasure.

Laurie, many of the quilts look way more complicated then they really are. There are tons of you tube videos that are good introductions. Jordan fabrics and Missouri star quilts have some good ones. You can practice by cutting up old clothes to start with. Start small ( place mats, table runners). Most of the fabric shops here are starting back with classes thankfully. Warning: it’s very addicting lol!
Oh that is a great idea Myron's Mom......start something small....and I have learned alot on you tube .........will check out those sites you mentioned....thanks!!

Laurie

Reactions: jampss and Lana

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
............and to all crafters., those with hobbies and folks who love to read. what ever your passion is.....I think we all are very fortunate at this time in history , that we can be happy staying indoors doing something that brings us joy and / or learning something new!!!

Laurie

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Laurie ~ You’re absolutely right. It is surprising how little the “lock-down” actually affects me, since I spend so much time at home crafting anyway and working in the garden. It’s great to have stash too!

I got sidetracked from my “Rudy January” yesterday. Went shopping with Kathy and found yarn for a scarf to go with a shirt I got recently; came home for lunch and Zoom meeting with the Stitched Together group during which I frogged the afghan I had started and cast on for a different pattern; then after the meeting I started working on a new (winter themed) table runner for our kitchen countertop. Hopefully back to Rudy projects today; but also work on the table runner.

Last edited:

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Been knitting on the shawl. Got a little bit done on the cross stitch as I find for this one sunlight seems to be of good help but getting little of it right now. Almost finished quilting the wall quilt and have done a little paper crafting.
I seem to be all over the place with my craftin. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Fianlly finished 2 baby cardigans last night and they have been put away. Will start on a knitted teddy bear today.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My craft supplies are spending another day in Cleveland. They are moving all the mail they put in storage at Pittsburgh from December to Cleveland this week ( they put our mail in storage???) So I’m sure my package is lost in the mess.
That's weird about the mail ... storage??

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
That's weird about the mail ... storage??
They had trailers here at the hubs stuffed with mail that they didn’t have man power, time or space to deal with. Delivery trucks sat some times overnight or longer waiting to unload. When they ran out of space here they sent most of it to Pittsburgh to sit until now. I guess they were surprised by the volume of mail and that staff was out on sick leave.