Crafters Challenge January 10th---January 16th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Merry Mary

MHH Member
Nov 5, 2020
Arkansas
Welcome Mary.........I so admire all you gals who are quilters, I have always loved them, but never tried to make one. I look forward to also seeing what a civil war quilt would look like.

Laurie

2021 word JOY
It's not hard to start making a quilt if you've sewn before, You can pick out as little as two different color fabrics and just make a checker board pattern.

This is the book I am using to make my quilt. You can look this book up on google or Amazon. There are many different Civil War patterns to choose from. I hope you give quilting a try sometime. It's a lot of fun and sky's the limit to what you create.

Merry Mary

MHH Member
Nov 5, 2020
Arkansas
Nice to have you with us!
Hand quilting is such a labor of love! I think I’d be dead long before I finished something hand quilted. Very much a machine quilter here.
I had some of that polyester fabric that was nasty too. I bought because it was the perfect color. It’s in the pile for the thrift shop now.
Would love to see pictures of your quilt.
Here is the FW quilt I finished. 1610494476809.png1610494554103.png

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Wow! That's is gorgeous!

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, that is gorgeous work, I wish I could quilt like that.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Mary, that is beautiful. You have certainly have a talent for quilting! Thank you for sharing your treasure.

Laurie, many of the quilts look way more complicated then they really are. There are tons of you tube videos that are good introductions. Jordan fabrics and Missouri star quilts have some good ones. You can practice by cutting up old clothes to start with. Start small ( place mats, table runners). Most of the fabric shops here are starting back with classes thankfully. Warning: it’s very addicting lol!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ Do you ever order from MSQC? I placed an order a couple days ago. Their email confirmaton had a little video in it with Jenny and another gal doing a little dance to celebrate the order. Very cute! Something to brighten my day.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mary that is a beautiful quilt.
Finished my small painting yesterday. I am starting my deep cleaning of closed-off spaces (armoires, closets, drawers) so not much time for crafting theses days.
Cosmic cat.jpg

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Dahlia, I’m trying to be good! But yes I have. Haven’t ordered since December and I never noticed the video. Maybe I need to order something . I most recently ordered quilt patterns from Jordan’s.

Lucie, beautiful painting. Love those colors. Right away it made me think of the catitude fabric I have for a quilt.

I’ve ordered some supplies for a trial run at a ornament for CIJ. I want to make sure I’m solid with something to make before I sign up otherwise I’ll worry about it. My supplies were supposed to come yesterday, they’ve sat in Cleveland for 2 days. I hope maybe today.

Worked on paper piecing the cat tails for the quilt yesterday. I like the look just very slow going.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
It's not hard to start making a quilt if you've sewn before, You can pick out as little as two different color fabrics and just make a checker board pattern.

This is the book I am using to make my quilt. You can look this book up on google or Amazon. There are many different Civil War patterns to choose from. I hope you give quilting a try sometime. It's a lot of fun and sky's the limit to what you create.
Thanks Mary for the encouragement, I do sew .....and I love fabric......I think I will look into making a quilt a little further!!!!

Laurie

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ You have such an artistic flair! Your painting is beautiful!

I’ve actually been to both MSQC and Jordan’s. MSQC is about a 2-3 hour drive from DD’s (who lives in Nebraska). Jordan Fabrics is in Oregon; and we made it a “destination” on one of our travel trailer excursions. Didn’t see any of the “famous” people while there.

My “Rudy January” plan is working out quite nicely. Yesterday I made some progress on the Christmas cards (slow going there); made myself a “gift” of a zip pouch for my knitting accessories; cut fabrics for a Christmas Lil’ Twister table topper (or wall hanging – TBD); and finished the third ear/neck warmer (Christmas gifts for friends).

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ve never been to either one. I guess I can’t complain since we live so close to Amish country. Maybe I’ll get there some day.

My craft supplies are spending another day in Cleveland. They are moving all the mail they put in storage at Pittsburgh from December to Cleveland this week ( they put our mail in storage???) So I’m sure my package is lost in the mess.

Found a nice fall themed quilt book today at dollar tree. Can’t wait to take a good look at it. I have fall fabric in my stash.........

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, that painting is gorgeous. Will you hang it somewhere in particular?

Continuing with baby cardigan, 1/2 way through 2nd sleeve.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
MM, a quilt book at Dollar Tree? Ours rarely has any fabric. Mostly solids when they do. One time I got a couple pieces of pineapple print.

I would love to be by Amish country.

My packages seem to hold up in Indiana for several days.