Crafters Challenge January 11th-17th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

I did do the baby doll pillow. I am still ripping out the binding for the quilt.

So am hoping to work on the doll quilt and then see about the material/pillow for Teigans quilts (for the 25th) and then the cloth fireman's book also for her birthday!

What is your plan?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Craft day at my mums on Wednesday. Hoping to glitter a photo frame so I can frame one of the cards from the MHH card swap.
Also hoping that I can cut out new table runner and get started on that.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ You have quite a few quilts planned for this year. How big do you plan to make them?

Katrina ~ That must be a very special exchange card to warrant a frame!

I’ve made a pretty significant dent in the craftermath control area so far, so I have started putting in some time on the quilt. I’ve got all the bear applique’s traced and heat-and-bonded to the fabric, and I’ve cut a few of them out. There will be a total of 42 bears in all.

I’ve also started on the third CCS motif needed for February greeting cards.

Here’s what I would like to work on this week:

* Craftermath Control
*Purple prayer shawl
*Organza snowflakes for candle wrap
*Bear Paw king size quilt
*February cards (3 CCS Valentine motifs)
*Penguin appliquéwall hanging Continue to look for fabric for backing

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD that is quite a list,
Have fun cutting out all those bears.

The card I want to frame has snowmen on it and I just think it will be great to sit with my snowman collection.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrina, a craft with mom sounds nice! That card will be pretty. I have some table runners I would like to make. Sometime........

DD, that is a good list.

The quilts I plan to make will be twin size for the 5 of them and then if I do the 2 nephews/wives will do a bigger size and would probably be deer themed.

Whenever I get the quilt ripped out I will hand sew the binding.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Lana, quilts will be a great gift for all on your list.

I have slowly been knitting my infinity scarf. It was going quickly, but I get side-tracked with everything else. I've only been knitting a round or two a night. No big deal, it's just for me.

I did start a new sewing pattern that I bought before Christmas. It is for a set of a boy and girl elf. The directions are not very good and the first one is taking longer than I had expected. I'm not sure if I'm real pleased with the outcome so far, and I've bought a lot of fabric to make several, so I'm hoping when it's finished I'll change my mind.

I think DS has the flu, so I may have more time at home to sew this week than originally planned. We are off to the doctor in a few minutes to get him tested.

Have a great week!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol, hoping DS is feeling better. Your elfs sound cute!

I am now hand sewing the binding on the doll quilt. Liking it better that way. Some stitches are pretty well hid and if you look some can be seen.

I think I might do the jelly roll quilts--not quite sure---. I brought some rolls last year. Can always do the squares with them too.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Carol ~ Hope you figure out the elf pattern to your satisfaction. I made a yo-yo elf years ago that turned out really cute. How's your son feeling? Much better I hope.

Lana ~ Are you talking about the "jelly roll race" quilts? They are pretty quick to do and turn out very nice! I made one for a friend who ended up hanging it up above their bed as a wall hanging, and it looks spectacular! Can't believe I made it! LOL

The quilt I'm currently working on has had a major setback. I got all the bear appliqués cut out and cut the background blocks yesterday afternoon. Then, when organizing the bears and background blocks, I noticed that the fabric in the background blocks don’t match the background of the bear claw blocks. I had ordered additional fabric at Joann.com, and apparently it’s a different dye lot … a totally different dye lot. I’m going to have to go to the store(s) and see if they have any in stock. Worst case scenario, I’ll have to buy all new background fabric, re-cut it all and start over. It could mean also scrapping the 5 blocks I’ve already pieced. Very disappointing (and costly).

I’m nearly done with the second Valentine motif.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not sure if it counts as crafting but yesterday I worked on a small painting. Tought trying to find techniques by myself with no classes. Will be doing a 2nd coat and try to change it a bit. Not satisfied with the results.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, that counts! Can't wait to see a picture of it!

DD, I have did one jelly roll quilt but want it bigger so need to put a border on it. Has been sitting for a couple years!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yep Lucie, it counts.

Went to mums today, glittered my frame, but need to spray it with hairspray as there is glitter everywhere.
Cut out the fabric for the table runner and will sew that next craft day which is in 2 weeks.
Sorted through craft ideas and put all the supplies in ziplock bags(a little hint I picked up here).
I have bought home over a dozen Christmas tea towels that need designs appliquéd on them. Will take it slowly as I am in no rush to finish those.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts 2015

All these things sounds fun!

I'm working on a crochet rat scarf. Yes. A rat. LOL Or a mouse if you prefer. I made one two years ago for DD22 and I thought I'd make another for her to sell for me on her Rat web page. (She breeds pet fancy rats)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts 2015

Jampss I looked them up on Google.. nice scarves!
Ah. Now I did too! A few different kinds of images. I bought a pattern from Etsy a year or so ago.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rat scarves? Sorry, not for me!

My new embroidery machine came today and I played with it just enough to figure out that the USB drive should work just fine. Next, I need to sew a design out to be sure everything is working properly. I don't think I have any designs that I'm anxious to sew right now though. I may just do a design that would work for a greeting card when I need one. Good idea! I have a couple friends' birthdays coming up in March ...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
That was fast DD!!! I am checking into the Little Max Amazing Design Box and if I can't find out information on it----then I will get a different machine for embroidery.

I did leave the doll blanket and pillow with Teigan last night. I think I rather liked the binding done by hand better than machine.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, it is not "for" a rat ... it is a "people" scarf with a little mouse/rat face on the end.

Rat scarves? Sorry, not for me!

My new embroidery machine came today and I played with it just enough to figure out that the USB drive should work just fine. Next, I need to sew a design out to be sure everything is working properly. I don't think I have any designs that I'm anxious to sew right now though. I may just do a design that would work for a greeting card when I need one. Good idea! I have a couple friends' birthdays coming up in March ...