Crafter's Challenge January 16th-----January 22nd, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Thanks, Lana, for getting us going this week. I hope it's a good one for all!

I'm waiting for yarn to start the second mermaid tail afghan; so in the meantime, I started knitting a neck warmer. It won't take long to complete it, so I'll probably start something else while I'm waiting. I'm thinking of using some of my leftover yarn for some small premie or doll-size blankets that I can donate.

I've continued to work on some Christmas cards when I get a chance; and in the evenings I've been working on a CCS birth record (the "baby" just turned 3 LOL). I'm anxious to start on some CCS projects for myself, but am determined to finish the birth record first. I'm actually making pretty good progress on it. I figure I have about 6 more evening sessions with it before starting on the backstitching.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not sure what I will do this week. I know that I would like to get started on my list for this year even if it is just organising what I need to do.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am gonna work on some pet mats to donate. I am still looking at ideas to crochet DD29 for her April b-day.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was able to sort through mom's jewelry by type and color. I am hoping to get my frames out and start making the first 4 initials. S L C and J. After that I will fill those in and then do something for mom's granddaughters. I will keep going until I run out of jewelry. I have some of my Mom's aunt's jewelry. I can put some of that in my sister's and mine. The other 2 are for my sisters in law.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, this sounds lovely. Please post pictures when they are done.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
2nd cloud challenge... the bottom of the clouds are not green, the color on the pic is not too good, it's really orangey. I don't think I'll do the other 2 cloud challenges though, takes a long time and there is another painting this weekend that is more tempting for me.
271760131_10160129465284626_1611997871481772033_n.jpg

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lucie, I like it!
Jody, yes please share pictures when you are done.

I did a little work on ornaments Sunday and that was it, but most of my house is clean! If I finish up my pantry this morning I’ll spent the afternoon working on ornaments again.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I need to take a close look at my crafting list and pick one project each week to challenge myself to FINISH!

Yesterday I worked on some Valentines. Inspired by Lucie and also a woman in our Stitched Together group, I tried some watercolor. How hard could hearts be? I'm not too happy with anything I did. Also, my watercolor paper warped. I wasn't too happy with that. Any hints, Lucie?

I'm very pleased with my evening hours spent working on the CCS birth record. One more evening's work, and I'll be ready to do the backstitching, which I estimate will take 2-3 evenings. Then it's done and ready for framing.

We took a ferry ride yesterday to meet some friends for dinner, so I took along some knitting. We're going skiing tomorrow, so that will give me the opportunity for more knitting in the car.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Simple things yesterday. Unpicked the hems of some curtains that need re hemming. Did that while watching a show.
Lucie, another fine painting.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD I'm not good with watercolor yet, I use the paper but for now the paint is acrylic. Jesse Robertson says 140 lbs and more for the paper. My paper warps too and I put a heavy book on it afterwards.