Crafter's Challenge January 1st----January 7th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WELCOME TO 2023!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year to you and your Family!!!

I have not thought of a list really yet for the year.

I know there will be CIJ swap ornaments to do. (if enough interest) And also the 12 Days of Christmas swap to find something to do. Everybody seemed to like the scraptastic basket I did this year.

What are you thinking of working on this week?

Happy Crafting!

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I recycled some Christmas cards and have made gift tags. Not much but it is a start. I am determined to craft more this year.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
This week, I want to finish my winter headband and want to make some progress on my scarf. I also need to weed out and better organize my craft bag that I take to crochet class. I'm amazed at how much yarn and thread I've accumulated in 6 months. I was ambitious at what I thought I could accomplish and what I actually did!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Happy New Year 2023 Crafting, Y'all!!

Hmmm ... I haven't made a list, but I will. Thinking about DD30 and boyfriend. I enjoyed making this year's gifts of a Boho Cardigan for her and a Poncho for him.

I have some crocheted tube socks to finish for me. And as I had heated up my cabbage detox soup for lunch and was handling the hot bowl ... I thought to myself that I should crochet myself the cotton yarn bowl holder I made for DD and DNiece. I need one! LOL

And ... on my list I will add that I am thinking of making DNiece a crocheted blanket for her April b-day. I asked about her living room colors ... white and gray. Oh, and I wanted to make her medium sized dog a new sweater. I made one Christmas 2021.

Ok. So, it looks like I am getting a list done already! LOL

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I put up the thread for the CIJ ornament swap.
Always an interesting swap. If I lived in the U.S I would be in but cannot commit as postage to and from here would by way too much.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Always an interesting swap. If I lived in the U.S I would be in but cannot commit as postage to and from here would by way too much.
Can you get a group of your friends to participate. Maybe you could do another CIJ party and do the swap then?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Can you get a group of your friends to participate. Maybe you could do another CIJ party and do the swap then?
That is a lovely idea, I will give it some thought.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I wish you could too. One year we had a lady (Pat) from Canada but it did cost her alot.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Will be working on my fall quilt again.
That's what I want to do, but it won't happen this week as we still have company.

This week I should be able to finish my afghan though.

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I wish you could too. One year we had a lady (Pat) from Canada but it did cost her alot.
I will be keen to see what you all make this year, certainly a talented bunch and a fun swap.

Reactions: Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I am signing up for a sewing class in July. It’s a canvas rug making with appliqué work (BEHG designs). The pattern options are all Christmas designs which is fine with me. I could just buy the pattern on line and do it myself. The designer/creator is teaching the class so I’m sure I’ll learn some handy dandy tips not included in the pattern. I think they will be Christmas gifts this year.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ That sounds ambitious. How many rugs would you need to make?

I've been working with DD#2 and Iris and Sonja on some projects for their new bedrooms. Iris wants a Bohemian strip style throw for her bed but is having a hard time picking fabrics. We've found one she likes that she could buy, and that might be my preference. Sonja could use a French memory board for her room, so we picked fabric from my stash and have a good start on that project. We need to go to Joanns for ribbon today.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DD30 asked me to make her a doily for winter in cotton yarn of blue and white. I have started the middle. Something like ....

20221223_130145449_iOS.jpg

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’d be making 4 for gifts. They are a 8oz canvas with appliqué work and some batting. The quilting part would be all straight lines. I think I could make them pretty quickly if I batch make them (famous last words!).
I like that doily.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Last night I visited my pinterest / Christmas crafts board and got a few ideas for next year's ornament.. now to narrow it down to 1!! and I saw some scarve brooches that were very nice... will look for it on AlliExpress to see if I can get them cheap and make some scarves to go with that.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jampss, that doily is beautiful. What a gorgeous gift.