Crafter's Challenge January 23rd----January 29th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Hope this is a great crafting week for everyone. Rudy Day Tuesday!

I need to focus on Valentine cards and gifts this week:
  • Valentine cards (3)
  • Embellished sweatshirt for Julia
  • Quilted Hearts for IFAQH (I want to send some to grandchildren for them to leave when they go on a walk or hike.)
  • CCS birth record for Valentin
  • Knit hooded boa scarf for Iris
  • Valentine table topper(s) for me
Wow, that looks like a lot.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm thinking or creams whites and grays. thinking of doing the back simple stitch and then the front with some texture.
I started a painting today but it's a 3hour tutorial and it takes me twice that time, so I still have halfway to go.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Bathroom curtains done.
I really need to stuff and finish the knitted teddy that I started last year. I love the knitting part, I am not keen on the putting together part.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ I don't really enjoy sewing up knitted pieces either.

Lucie ~ Inviting!

Ended up doing some backstitching the other night and close to finished before I realized I was using the wrong color. UGH! Frog! Didn't work on it last night, although DH lovingly stopped at Michael's yesterday to get the right color. What a guy!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I received an order from Missouri Star Quilt yesterday and Teigan opened it and was really excited about the panels I ordered. She really seems to be wanting to sew. Room is getting there kinda. Just hope she really does want to!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, I love the trees in the painting. Beautiful

Reactions: luludou and jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Would love to hear about Teigan's sewing journey! Kids sometimes have their own ideas. Iris says she's really "not much of a quilter". I say she's not much of a knitter either, as she doesn't pull out her knitting as something fun to do. She would rather read, I think, or be outside. I haven't got a good feel for Sonja and Julia, yet. They seem to enjoy what I plan for them so far.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lucie, beautiful as usual.

Dahlia, how nice that your husband would do that!

Waiting on my MSQ order so I can finish my snowmen. I’m glad I have other things to do, it’s been 10 days and it still hasn’t shipped.

Did someone here get the MSQ Christmas box? I was wondering how it was.

Still working on ornaments. I should have enough for the CIJ exchange (I need to sign up), gifts for the hair, nail and massage people.

Once I finish cleaning my room I’ll start work on 2 Easter quilts and a topper for the window seat. Trying to use only from my stash but I have absolutely nothing for a background fabric for the one quilt. The other quilt I can piece from my stash.

Reactions: jampss and luludou

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My last order from MSQ took alittle longer than usual I thought.

I got the Christmas Box from MSQ and I was happy with it. First time I did it. Hope I see the early sign up again this year so I can get in on it. Out of the 25 days maybe about 8 to 10 I might not use or use often.

Reactions: jampss