Crafters Challenge January 26th---February 1st!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Into Month 2 of 2020! (ALMOST)

All I did was make about 22 pounds of the play snow this past week/

Not sure what the week will bring craftwise for me. I am still cleaning in room (side tracked with party stuff) and have a couple night meetings. :(

Nice work done again by several of you gals!

What are doing this week?

Happy Crafting!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have one of my Darn Good Yarn kits to make that DD27 got me Christmas 2018! I’m crocheting the pretty yarn with the pattern that came with it and it’s a cute draw string bag.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ That sounds like a lot of play snow!

Jampss ~ Great project. What a nice gift.

Possibilities for me this week include:
  • Continue CCS charts for Valentines
  • Machine embroidery zip pouch for graduation gift
  • Machine embroidery doodle heart ornaments (for me)
  • Cast on a pair of knit socks (for me)
  • 3 tissue box covers for DD#2

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Play snow? I'll look that up.
Haven't done much crafting lately, I have to restart on the socks and want to make a small valentine gnome for my 3-tired tray

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will continue working on the knitted coathangers. Have not finished the first one yet, they are taking longer than I thought.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Everyone has been so busy! Great work everyone!!
I’ve not been doing any crafting here the last few weeks. I hope to get back to finishing my unfinished projects the coming weeks.
I have found a pile of 90 inch round table cloths (all Christmas of course) in my linen closet. They are from when we were still having leadership meetings at work. Some are still new in the package. Trying to figure out if I should donate them or repurpose. I know I can make napkins, placemats and table runners. Does any one have any other ideas??? My dining room table is oblong so I would have to do some piecing for a table cloth, not sure how that would look. They are the seasonal cloth ones from bed bath beyond.
Have a productive and fun week everyone.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
MM
I don’t know if you any LEGO lov’n little people in your life but round tablecloths make great LEGO playmats. What I did was make button holes around them and put a drawstring through the holes. The legos stay on the mat and when it comes time to clean up pull the string.

https://www.clarkscondensed.com/diy/diy-lego-bag-playmat/

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm now 99% done with another 2 felt ornaments - making a total of 4 I need to add hanger to and/or attach backer - am JUST about done embroidering another ornament. And I'm about half way done with another felt ornament project!

I also spent some time programming Cricut software with several card designs and got the pieces cut for 8 of them - have a few more designs already done that I'm ready to cut out. I made up kits for each style so I can assemble them easily when I get the chance.

DS's science project is going to take up my nights this week unfortunately - then we are hosting both a family get together for his birthday this weekend and a Superbowl party for friends. Lots going on, as always!!!! :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still working on coat hangers, I noticed that I have made a mistake with the one that I am working on but it is too far back for me to want to undoit. I really don't think my mum will notice.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
MM
I don’t know if you any LEGO lov’n little people in your life but round tablecloths make great LEGO playmats. What I did was make button holes around them and put a drawstring through the holes. The legos stay on the mat and when it comes time to clean up pull the string.

https://www.clarkscondensed.com/diy/diy-lego-bag-playmat/

thanks for the idea! I don’t have any little ones but I do know lots of grandmas and aunts, so I could make for them to give away. Wished I would have known about that when my son was little.
I realized that I don’t have a tree skirt for my new tree for the sun room. I always used a old sheet because we had a live tree. I could easily convert 2 of them into a reversible tree skirt.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
MM, maybe pillows--do the envelope pillow covers and can be taken off and washed. Christmas pillows for gifts.

The snow I do is 3 cups baking soda and 1.2 cup hair conditioner. Some use shaving cream. Some cornstarch. The kids really played with it at the party!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ I was going to suggest tree skirts. The Lego mats are a great idea.

I've started on the socks and did some craftermath control today. Most of it is sort of tucking stuff away in the corners, so some purging really needs to be done at some point! That or a WHOLE LOT MORE crafting! LOL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So. I'm thinking about attending my library branch's Yarn Hour ... knitting, crocheting, needle point, etc. I haven't gone before. But it works out nicely that while DS16 is at his Life Coach, I could attend and then he's just down a few blocks and could walk up to me and I would just be getting done. Hmmmmmmmmm ..... :)

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
So. I'm thinking about attending my library branch's Yarn Hour ... knitting, crocheting, needle point, etc. I haven't gone before. But it works out nicely that while DS16 is at his Life Coach, I could attend and then he's just down a few blocks and could walk up to me and I would just be getting done. Hmmmmmmmmm ..... :)

jampss. I think you would enjoy yarn hour. I know I really enjoy my library knit nights. It’s nice to sit and chat with other knitters, sharing ideas, and helping each other. Tuesday night while at the knit night there was another lady knitting really caught my eye. She was knitting a baby sweater but I really loved the design/colour of the pattern. She gladly told me the name of the pattern and yarn colour she was using. Timing was perfect as I was needing to decide what I was going to make for Dniece as she is expecting her first child in June. Going to work on a crochet baby blanket in beige and by the time it’s done she should know if it’s a boy or girl so I can start on the sweater.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I had a knit couple of hours in front of the TV last night and finished a mobius cowl. It was quite quick and easy. I only started it the day before.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
How nice that your libraries have a knit hour! I would love that.

you should let your library know that you would be interested in having one.

Mother’s Day gift is done. Got my dress cut out but forgot to get lining so it’s sitting next to my machine waiting. Have started on some birthday cards for the three grandsons.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I did attend the Yarn Time at the library and met some great ladies. Some crocheting and some knitting. It was nice!