Crafter's Challenge January 2nd---January 8th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Jody, yes I would like to do my own cards... but I run out of time. I would like to learn watercolor which is faster (less stuff to take out too!) and maybe do the cards in watercolor.
could you design one and have it printed? Just a thought.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, I think that your paintings would make wonderful gifts for your family and friend.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm nearing completion of the first mermaid tail afghan. In the studio I got distracted with an idea to make "I Found a Quilted Heart" hearts (FIAQH.com). I've made 3 and am planning to present the idea to the Stitched Together goup today. The idea is to leave a quilted heart in a public place for someone to find. It has a tag on it so that the person who found the heart can go to the website and report finding it. Many of the stories are quite touching. The thought just occurred to me that this might be a fun thing for my grandchildren. I could send them some hearts for Valentine's Day that they could take on hikes, etc. and leave for others.

The Advent season is already behind us, and I hven't really done much of my Rudy January crafting yet.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I got into the craft room yesterday and put order back into it. I sorted and boxed potential crafting supplies so I can put together kits at a later day. My next project is to sort through DM's jewelry and make plans for how to share it with other family members.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Love this idea. My thinking has been to take one of the long necklaces and shape it in the initial of the receiver then fill it in with DM's jewelry I will place them in frames with a black velvet fabric. I just need to sit down and get started.
Perfect way to honor her.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I saw a post yesterday on Crafting with Shabby Tree where people did a wreath, an angel, and a cross from jewerly. Then of course the trees have been around. I have some from my great Aunt Millie (died 1-1-21) and was hoping to make something for her 2 grandsons. Saw the cross and thought it was nice and differnet.

I like the ideal of the intial too!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jody ~ Wonderful idea!

After more FB group machine embroidery inspiration, I spent some time yesterday purchasing some designs and altering and combining them to make a nutcracker table runner for DD. She’s got a perfect place to display it. It feels good to have an idea for her. I might/could make it for her October birthday so she’d have it when she starts decorating for Christmas instead of receiving it on Christmas day. So after the Stitched Together meeting yesterday, Kathy and I went to Joanns where I found the fabric to make it. I'd really like to get started on it today ... but I also need to start dismantling my Christmas decor.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I might/could make it for her October birthday so she’d have it when she starts decorating for Christmas instead of receiving it on Christmas day.
Sounds pretty! That's a good idea for her October b-day and then she could have it for the beginning of the Christmas decorating season!