Crafters Challenge January 3rd-January 9th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
:D

And I used my new Cricut Maker to crank out 5 felt chapstick holders embellished with glitter iron on images:
Ooooooooh!!! I love the giraffe holder!! Very Cool!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Working on finishing a baby cardigan, not sure if I have done it right, it looks a bit wonky....

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Cutting up old clothes for a quilt this week. I’m going to piece together my old baby blankets if I have enough for the backing.
I have a coat that was moms from the 40’s (it’s pretty worn in spots). I almost pitched it the other day because I didn’t know what I would do with it. It came to me last night I can make a purse and wallet set for me! I think I can use the lining for the lining of both too. That might be my next project.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I‘m trying to make January “Rudy month”.

Rudy month projects (realizing there’s more here than I will actually be able to accomplish):

• Knit ear/neck warmers for friends’ Christmas)
  • Add quilting to red Christmas placemats
  • 2021 Christmas cards
  • Decide on Christmas card tuck-ins
  • Decide on 2021 ornaments for DGC
  • Decoupage pots on faux Christmas trees and add lights
  • Christmas table topper for end table (Lil' Twister wreath)
  • Christmas topper for filing cabinet
I‘m making fairly good progress on the placemats; have one of the ear/neck warmers on the needles; and several of the Christmas cards are done.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I’m plugging along with DD28’s study blanket.

. 8E5446B3-4F31-40F3-A173-C7DBEA870F9F.jpeg

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I didn’t know what I would do with it. It came to me last night I can make a purse and wallet set for me! I think I can use the lining for the lining of both too. That might be my next project.
How fabulous, what a wonderful keepsake.
I am mending a pair of jeans and hemming a pair of work trousers, not exactly crafting but involves a needle and thread.

Merry Mary

MHH Member
Nov 5, 2020
Arkansas
Like your list Lana! I had to look up the lighted gift bag pictures. I have some cute bags for that.
I finished the quilt top. Batting is cut and my backing JUST fits. I’ll have to be careful when I quilt it. Have the binding cut. Will stitch that together tomorrow. Quilting at a later date. Then a little clean up. Can’t decide which quilt to start next.
I did start a thrift shop bag of scraps. Pieces that can be used for something but I know I’m not going to use them. I’m going to go through my scrap bin and add to it.
Like your list Lana! I had to look up the lighted gift bag pictures. I have some cute bags for that.
I finished the quilt top. Batting is cut and my backing JUST fits. I’ll have to be careful when I quilt it. Have the binding cut. Will stitch that together tomorrow. Quilting at a later date. Then a little clean up. Can’t decide which quilt to start next.
I did start a thrift shop bag of scraps. Pieces that can be used for something but I know I’m not going to use them. I’m going to go through my scrap bin and add to it.
Thats beautiful....looks so perfect.