Crafter's Challenge January 8th--January 14th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
First week down of 2023!

I did purchase some flannel tonight to make (try) Teigan a flannel night gown. Maybe for her birthday and maybe just because. She picked baby Yoda! I swear. She was saying a pretty blue and found some tealish color but......Might try to add a ruffle on edge as the pattern is just straight edge. I always love a ruffle on granny gowns! Will have to decide how much to cut for it and figure in gathering.....?!?!?

Interesting things being worked on by you gals.

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I am untangling a very messed up ball of yarn

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Family has departed. It's bitter-sweet. The sweet part is that I can get back to my crafting. I did manage to finish knitting an afghan while they were here and did some crafting with grandchildren. Lana, I envy you being so close to Teigan!

So it's time to decide which CCS project to get out to work on. My Valentines this year will be machine embroidery so I should have time to work on a CCS project for myself. Since I like to have a Rudy January, I'll probably get out the motifs for my Christmas door picture frame.

Also for Rudy January I want to get a start on my 2023 Christmas cards. I have an idea for them.

I need to start a new prayer shawl, too.

And I have two fall wall hangings that I'd like to get back to.

All while trying to deconstruct Christmas decor, run errands, clean up from having company here, skiing on Wednesday (I hope), attending a sewing group meeting, and going to a Celebration of Life...

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@Lana LOVE Baby Yoda! LOL

IMG_6855.JPG
I finished DD30's requested winter doily. :)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Missouri Star Quilt has books on sale----I saw this a.m.. May have to check it out.
I saw that and after pondering deleted it. Trying not to buy anything. I guess if I was using a pattern for a gift?????
I finished all the quilt blocks to day. Figured out how to lay it out now to decide what I’m doing for borders. I saw a quilt patttern in a email that would be perfect for a scrappy back. I took a screen shot so will have to do some figuring for block sizes.
I finished DD30's requested winter doily. :)
Beautiful doily!
Dahlia, I want to get started on my cards too. I have everything here for CIJ ornaments to do also.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jampss. that doily is gorgeous, you got that done quickly.

I worked on a part of my costume for DD birthday. Just a sash with the words Miss Chief in adhesive rhinestone letters. I am going as a "beauty queen"

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
C51BA50D-88D2-4F1F-81D3-9C4DB588D916.jpeg
Just making a spring coaster for fun.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Martingale publishing is going out of business. All of their books are 55% off. Quilting, knitting, crafting, etc, etc. I looked a little and decided to be good.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I hemmed the sun room curtains at the farm. Not exactly a craft but I did use my sewing machine.