Crafter's Challenge January 9th---January 16th, 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another week and into the middle of the first month of the year!!!!!!!!

I did craft this past week (this a.m.)----not really a craft but.... Teigan got a plain sheet of white paper and we made different snowflakes with a white crayon, and other sheets had smiley faces, hearts, etc And then you paint over the design with watercolors and the design shows up white. Allen was in town and even got some more watercolor paints. (slim pickings he said but he got a nice set.)

I have been collecting ideals for Christmas next year.

What is on your agenda for the week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

I will be finishing up the first mermaid tail afghan and purchasing the yarn for the next one. Additionally, I hope to work on some Christmas cards and a Nutcracker table runner for DD. I'm getting together with Kathy on Tuesday to do some stitching, which could/should be getting back to the birth record for Valentin. I've purchased some CCS charts for watercolor-look flowers that I'm anxious to start, but need to finish the birth record first.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will be sewing curtains for the farm loungeroom and breezeway windows.
I would like to look at some pink fabric to make some face scrubbies for DD, if I can;t find fabric I will look for knitting cotton and knit some. I want to use things up and don't really want to purchase materials.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I will be sewing curtains for the farm loungeroom and breezeway windows.
I would like to look at some pink fabric to make some face scrubbies for DD, if I can;t find fabric I will look for knitting cotton and knit some. I want to use things up and don't really want to purchase materials.
Sounds like fun projects. Yes, I too want to use what I have around here and not purchase. Not that I am doing a No-Spend-January ... but maybe I will actually!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I need to FROG a crochet sock that didn't fit right. I did just finish a pair of finger-less mitts for my friend and her son that I need to deliver to them. And I should start another crochet pet mat to donate to the shelter.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Today I will finish cleaning my craft room. Time to get some projects done

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
No idea if I will do anything... I would like to paint the cloud challenge with Jesse Robertson and start knit socks... but we will babysit grandkids 2 days this week, telework and I need to find something to weigh my yarn for knit socks because I have a big ball to seperate in 2. (need to 50g balls)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ I have a kitchen scale that is handy for so many things, including weighing yarn.

I did get the first mermaid tail afghan done and ordered yarn for the second. I have a lot of yarn to sort through and decide how much to donate.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Yesterday I worked on some Christmas cards, took one baby step towards sorting my yarn stash, and worked a bit on a CCS birth record. I hope to take more baby steps today!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My, my, Lucie. You're so talented!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Lucie, always so beautiful. You really should have cards printed! You could have fabric printed too.

Have most everything for the ornaments. I need to go through my paper supplies before I buy anything else for my cards. I think I might have when I need buried in a box.

The January ornament kit came today. Will work on that tonight.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sewed and hemmed curtains for the farm. Have done the loungeroom, bathroom and breezeway. Still need to decide what I would like in the bedrooms and kitchen.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Been working on my CIJ ornaments. Was having an issue with the first one but I figured out the problem ( the problem was me lol). I’ve been working on some snowmen too. I’m finishing a set for us and making a set for my cousin too. Lol, I ran out the fabric I was using so I get to buy fabric!!!! Was going to wait for a big sale at millers in Amish country but I don’t need anything else so I’ll order on line. I’m trying real hard to be good.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hang the curtains at the farm. I had to bring one set back as I have hemmed one shorter than the other. Don't know how I did that!!!:rolleyes: