Crafters Challenge January31st-----February 6th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
1BD9DD55-538A-499A-8D21-730152A694FA.jpeg

I finished DD28 study area throw. Now, to mail it to VT. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will continue on teddy. Only the arms to go and then to put him together.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Don't know if any crafting will get done this week as I want to continue with deep spring cleaning.
I do want to paint a little (saw a giraffe tutorial I think I would like - it's looks naive and easy).
I was thinking I might look if I have enough yarn to do a little crochet blanket for the new baby coming in May.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Jampss ~ You got that done quickly and it’s beautiful! Hope it arrives safely.

Katrina ~ You’re progressing nicely on the teddy.

Rose ~ Thanks for the reminder about the quilt summit. I probably have a reminder alarm set but should check to be sure..

This week I plan to work on a Valentine wall hanging (which may not actually be finished in time for Valentine’s Day, but oh, well). Another goal is to finish an owl and a cat calendar wall hanging each week. This week‘s will be for April. And I have a Valentine CCS motif kitted for a card. I also need to be sure I save the February BOM which will be released on Thursday. Any spare time could be spent knitting on my afghan.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Happy Monday Morning to all!

Finished up some projects over the weekend! Finished etching the 4 glasses with Zelda designs for DS's birthday. Also finished his second shirt:

https://flic.kr/p/2kxD7TB
My BIL's birthday is coming up. He and his wife enjoy smoking different things in their smoker so I made this shirt for him:

https://flic.kr/p/2kxD7RY
Whipped out a decorated water bottle for a friend's little girl but forgot to take a pic, just did her name and simple design in adhesive vinyl.

Started work on Valentine's card for DH. Will continue work on that and other Valentine's cards this week!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Aunt Jamelle-- those are cute shiirts

I am making homemade coaster this week for my shop. I am also making spring themed lids for my gift jars. Just working on inventory for my online store. I don't have any gifts to make for birthdays until the middle of February.... still trying to decided what to make. IMG_5548.jpeg
This is what one of my jars look like. I made more cross stitch lids over the weekend. Gave me a chance to relax a bit.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've decided to hold off on my further scrapbook organizing until the weekend since I've ordered some organizing stuff from Amazon.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Don't know if any crafting will get done this week as I want to continue with deep spring cleaning.
I do want to paint a little (saw a giraffe tutorial I think I would like - it's looks naive and easy).
I was thinking I might look if I have enough yarn to do a little crochet blanket for the new baby coming in May.
Oooo! I Giraffe! My fav animal!!! I was always a tall girl in school .... and so was my bestie and so ... the boys nick named us 'giraffe'. We gave each other giraffe cards and trinkets over the years. LOL

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Nice shirts! Inspiring me to make a machine embroidery shirt for DH’s BD. I want to make one that says “Plays with Fire”. He loves to build camp fires in the fire pit in our back yard and also when camping, of course. I just ordered a couple of plain t-shirts.

Carrie ~ The jar lids are a great idea. I’ve been thinking of making “Christmas Jam” as a friends/hostess gift (when we can start getting together again) and this would be a nice touch. Hope your shop is doing well!

I finally caught up on blog posts with the exception of one neck warmer that I haven’t gotten a picture of.
Crafting is My Busy-Ness (stitch-n.blogspot.com)

I’ve been working on the Valentine wall hanging for a few days now. After hours and hours of planning, drafting, re-drafting, printing, auditioning fabrics, shopping for additional fabrics, pressing and cutting fabrics, I have finally sewn one block and it’s got a little issue that I need to fix. I’d like to make it a goal to make 5 blocks a day which would take 6 days. I know there are days when I won’t be able to make that goal, but perhaps I can pick up one or two extra on other days. We shall see. In my heart, I realize that is a goal I probably can’t reach and there are many other things I should be working on! TFL!

I have also done most of the stitching on a CCS motif for a Valentine card.

Reactions: jampss and luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, i think that the giraffes are beautiful.

Have you thought of making calendars as gifts using your paintings for each month?
Here we have a company called Snapfish that do calendars, coffee mugs etc.
Might be a thought.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nope not thinking of making anything with them for now. will just buy a portfolio to put them in. When I am satisfied with them I'll put them on canvas.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
I'm working on cleaning out my extra yarn and crocheting lap blankets for the area nursing homes. I also want to try a new craft of felting. I ordered the supplies and have watched a few You-tube videos that make it look fun to create cute little animals. We'll see how it goes, I'm sure my kids will get a good laugh at them when I use them as gifts.