Crafters Challenge January31st-----February 6th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Luie ~ The giraffes are as cute as can be! I’d love to see them on greeting cards and the calendar idea is a great one too.

I’ve considered trying felting but then remind myself that I probably don’t need one more craft to spend money and time on. LOL

Made good progress on the Valentine wall hanging yesterday. I only need to make two blocks today to meet my goal since I made extras yesterday, including one discard.

Rose ~ I’m not keeping up very well with the quilting summit but some of the videos aren’t too impressive. I did get a tip on how I could do my paper piecing a little different and the Valentine wall hanging is paper-pieced.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ--I have just been watching a couple of them each day so far. Mainly just ones that interest me. I agree about some of them not being good and notice a few people mention on the facebook page about them and the fact that some of the teachers are not including the pattern. I did print off the one pattern yesterday (timekeeper)as I think it would make a great baby quilt pattern.

Still working on getting a couple projects done and last night I casted on the sock for the sock knit along I am taking part in. Trying to get part one done before part two comes out on Friday.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Everyone has been so busy! And such great creations too!

Ive spent the last few days going back through the bags of beads, sequins and such that I bought at the thrift shop. I’ve finally got everything split and repackaged for my cousin and my self. Such a mess. Still trying to organized my stuff but Anna’s is in a cute Christmas box that I had.

I think for the rest of the week I’ll focus on house cleaning the main floor and upstairs before it gets away from me. ( I have sequins tracked all over the house). Then next week back to crafting.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Placed a order for some flannel to make yDGS some pj’s.
The yarn for the sweater I plan to make DH for Christmas came today. I need to get some buttons for it so they have been added to my shopping list for once we are out of lock down.
The fabric for DGD Easter dress also arrived and thankfully I have a zipper in the right shade/length.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Spent the morning going through some craft items at my Mums. We threw out a lot, gave some to the charity shop and will give some to a friend of ours. My Mum tends to get hooked on a lot of fads so has a lot of things.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
So I was pretty excited to try the felting, this is my first sleepy mouse. I've made a few different sizes and colors and my grandson has decided he likes to have them hidden in the kitchen so he can find them haha. It's a pretty easy craft, but I have stabbed myself a couple of times, ouch the needles are sharp!
Felt mouse.jpg

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
So I was pretty excited to try the felting, this is my first sleepy mouse. I've made a few different sizes and colors and my grandson has decided he likes to have them hidden in the kitchen so he can find them haha. It's a pretty easy craft, but I have stabbed myself a couple of times, ouch the needles are sharp!
View attachment 1157
Is that a kit from Sarafina??? I got a email from them not too long ago. I want to order but trying to be good. Such a sweet little mouse!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Sounds like you got your mojo back!

Debbie ~ Cute mouse.

Did some knitting yesterday and also CCS last night.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
View attachment 1157
o_O Oh my word that is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I have never done the felting thing. Awesome job! :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

I have a kit for a little felted fox that I should try…

I finished the September calendar hangers yesterday, and started on the October ones. Getting close to the finish! I also started the pattern part of the wedding afghan. I still need to decide if I’m going to stick with this yarn or use a different one from my stash. The pattern is easier than I thought it would be.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
Is that a kit from Sarafina??? I got a email from them not too long ago. I want to order but trying to be good. Such a sweet little mouse!
Thank you, yes it is from Sarafina, they call it a kit but it's just a bag of all the wool you'll need to make the sleepy mice. The tools, you need to purchase separate. You can make over 10 mice with the amount of wool.

Reactions: jampss